This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, well-maintained and peaceful family-owned park
- Five minutes' drive from Montrose and 20 from the Black Canyon
- Creek, dog-walking area, firewood sales and free vintage golf course
'A little oasis' of western Colorado is how the crew at Cedar Creek RV Park near downtown Montrose describe this green and peaceful setting: flick through the site pics now to see how very right they are.
A few minutes' drive from town, this shaded and friendly RV park is a lush place to settle down at for a spell, either for a night or two on your Great American Road Trip, or as a base for days trekking and wildlife watching at the nearby Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Picnics should be plentiful around these pretty grounds or along the banks of the eponymous Cedar Creek, and there's a dog-walking area for off-leash walks if you've brought your best friend along.
This was once an amusement park, and the team has kept the vintage miniature golf course set scenically under the looming elm trees; guests tee off for free. There are excellent amenities too, including a laundry, showers and toilets and free wifi, and you can buy firewood, propane, ice and soft drinks at the shop. An acclaimed steakhouse is just across the road.
Barbecues are allowed – and much recommended in this handsome and peaceful spot.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Cedar Creek is an easy 20-minute drive from the spectacular Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, to Colorado's west. The most famed part of it is of course the 48-mile Black Canyon, the deep and dark gorge plunging down to around 2,000 feet; several viewpoints are along its length if you want to hike around and peer down far.
If you'd rather take it easier, a viewsomely scenic Black Canyon drive can be had along US Highway 50 and Colorado Highway 92, or on the 14-mile round trip along South Rim Drive from the park's visitor centre. There's also Ouray, about 45 minutes' drive south, where you can rent a jeep to zip around the old mining camps of the San Juan mountains.
The RV park is also a five-minute drive from the Ute Indian Museum, telling the tale of the first inhabitants of the area, and 10 minutes from the Montrose Water Sports Park for activities on the Uncompahgre river. Telluride, a former mining town now converted into a swish ski resort, is about an hour and a half to the south.
- Does Cedar Creek RV Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cedar Creek RV Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cedar Creek RV Park? Cedar Creek is an easy 20-minute drive from the spectacular Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, to Colorado's west. The most famed part of it is of course the 48-mile Black … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Cedar Creek RV Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon