This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet, family-owned resort in the foothills of the San Juan Mountains
- Nine miles from Mesa Verde National Park
- Swimming pool, volleyball court, playground, clubhouse and free wifi
What a cracking Colorado location this is – family-owned Echo Basin Cabin and RV Resort is three miles from the town of Mancos, and within easy reach of scenic days out in the Mesa Verde National Park, Canyons of the Ancients National Monument and Mancos State Park.
Settle in here and you’ll be looking out at a backdrop of the foothills of the San Juan Mountains, quite possibly tipping you off that there’s great hiking and mountain biking to be had nearby (try setting off from the Echo Basin National Forest trailhead, a mile away). Other outdoorsy options in the local area include rafting and ziplining for adrenaline-seekers, or golf and fishing for folks in search of something a little gentler.
Whatever you’ve elected to fill your hours with, there’s plenty of space for post-activity relaxing around this quiet rural campground – select a shaded spot under one of the ponderosa pine trees or by a pond, or dive into the open-air pool to cool off. If your chillout time would be aided by a beer, that’s easily acquired at the clubhouse; if your party has excess energy to expend, there’s a volleyball court, horseshoes pit and playground to take care of that.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Colorado’s got some stunning parks to explore, and you’re well place here for several of them. The nearest, Mancos State Park, is a mile away and a popular spot for fishing and canoeing as well as hiking. Mesa Verde National Park, 20 minutes away by car, has more than 5,000 archeological sites to discover, and there’s even more over at Canyons of the Ancients National Monument, an hour away.
Bring a rod and pick up a local licence to fish in McPhee Reservoir, or pack your clubs for a round at scenic Conquistador Golf Course – both are around half an hour away. Head in the other direction for half an hour to Durango for hair-raising rafting trips or more sedate excursions on the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
Up in the San Juan Forest, around an hour away, there’s a chance to relax in the warm waters of the natural hot springs – you may need it after you’ve zoomed along the world’s longest zipline at Soaring Tree Top Adventures.
- Does Echo Basin Cabin and RV Resort have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Echo Basin Cabin and RV Resort dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Echo Basin Cabin and RV Resort? Colorado’s got some stunning parks to explore, and you’re well place here for several of them. The nearest, Mancos State Park, is a mile away and a popular spot for fishing and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Echo Basin Cabin and RV Resort?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon