This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Coastal site surrounded by beaches, among Chincoteague wild ponies
- At the gateway to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge
- Themed weekends, kids' activities, giant trampoline and kayak launch
For a stay surrounded by beaches, bays and a solid serving of local attractions, have a pitstop at Chincoteague Island, near Assateague Island at the gateway to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge.
Wildlife spotters and scenery seekers will feel right at home here: the park is minutes from the entrance to Assateague Island National Seashore, famed for its marshland, dunes, pine woodlands and long strands of undeveloped sandy beaches. It's also at the gateway to the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, home to the likes of wild Chincoteague ponies, bald eagles and flocks of migratory seabirds.
Chincoteague Island is a 200-acre coastal park, an easy walk or bike ride from antique shops, museums, parks and art galleries. It has a kayak launch for paddles around the bay among spectacular island views, and an activity programme packed with events including strawberry shortcake-eating contests, sports tournaments, themed weekends and seasonal shindigs.
Also around are a heated pool and a playground with giant trampoline around the grounds, and Maui Jack's waterpark new to Chincoteague Island for 2018 and adjacent to the campground. There's also the Sandy Dollar food truck, next to the Soggy Dollar Tiki Bar; for eats off the grounds, hire a bike and pedal into town to trawl the fab local seafood joints, settling down with tasty food as the sun sets spectacularly over Chincoteague Bay.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Chincoteague Island lies at the gateway to Assateague Island National Seashore, famed for its swathes of sandy Atlantic beaches and walking and cycling trails through marshland, dunes and pine forest. South of this is the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge for lots of wildlife-spotting options: be sure to keep an eye out for Chincoteague’s wild ponies and the bald eagles and migratory seabirds that flock here throughout the year.
Also within easy reach (about a quarter of a mile away) is the 19th-century Assateague Lighthouse; visitors can drive or pedal there in under 10 minutes or, alternatively, take a decidedly slower scenic promenade along the trail that links Chincoteague and Assateague islands.
Several family attractions are a short drive away too, such as NASA's Wallops Flight Facility with visitor centre and astronomy and stargazing events; the exhibits of the area’s wild ponies the Chincoteague Pony Centre, and oyster-industry artefacts and model boat displays at the Museum of Chincoteague Island.
- Does Chincoteague Island have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Chincoteague Island dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chincoteague Island? Chincoteague Island lies at the gateway to Assateague Island National Seashore, famed for its swathes of sandy Atlantic beaches and walking and cycling trails through marshland, dunes and pine forest. South of … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Chincoteague Island?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.