This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious and well-maintained resort on Florida's Treasure Coast
- Within 10 minutes' drive of beaches, diving, walks and wildlife
- Heated pool, fishing lake and three-hole golf course; diner and shop
Beep-beep! Sprint over at top speed to the Road Runner Travel Resort, it's a true gem on Florida’s Treasure Coast, about 10 minutes’ drive from Fort Pierce and its beaches and surrounding state parks. This stretch of the USA’s Atlantic seaboard picked up that evocative name after the loss of a Spanish fleet, allegedly laden with gold in 1715: maybe that’s why scuba diving’s so popular round here…
You might need the odd day or half-day off in between adventures, and obligingly, the folks at Road Runner Travel Resort have created a first-rate space for visitors of all ages to unwind without travelling too far. You'll have enough to do here to keep you occupied for several off days or even weeks: there’s a heated pool and a catch-and-release fishing lake for days in and by the water; tennis, basketball, shuffleboard and pétanque courts for on-land competitions, and a three-hole golf course to hone your best teeing off skills. As well as all that, the many paved roads on this well-kept resort are just the ticket for cycling, morning jogs and dog walking.
Also on the grounds, the Coyote Grill serves a mighty menu of breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes, as well as treats for the times in between (no roadrunners), and the Coyote Market carries an excellent stock of provisions and camping kit.
Open from 01/04/2020 to 31/12/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
The waters between Fort Pierce Inlet State Park (10 minutes) and Vero Beach (25 minutes) are a designated Aquatic Preserve, an exceptionally clear and protected stretch of Florida coast for swimming, fishing, snorkelling and scuba diving, and full of rare marine and avian life.
In Fort Pierce, the Manatee Observation and Education Centre is an entertaining intro to the habitat of these local sea creatures, bringing its conservation efforts to life for visitors on boat trips of the nearby waters, spotting manatees alongside sea turtles, dolphins and birds.
Or do it on foot: Avalon State Park (15 minutes) has a rare and still undeveloped mile of beach and dune ecosystem, rich in wildlife and a spectacular spot for serene strolls. Bigger treks can be taken at the Captain Forster Hammock Preserve 40 minutes away: this lush preserve of hardwoods and coastal wetlands is almost deafening due to songbirds like the Tennessee warbler and the pink bunting at certain times of year, and is a pristine wilderness for pottering around in all seasons.
In town the UDT Navy Seal Museum in Fort Pierce reveals more about the special work of this elite unit from wartime to today, while the Modern Art Museum in Vero Beach hosts exhibitions and a world-class collection of painting and sculpture. The city is also justly proud of its farmers’ market and weekly jazz concerts in the Sunrise Theatre.
For entertainments on another scale, it’s about an hour and 45 minutes to Orlando, home of Walt Disney World Resort, Sea World and a good dozen other headline attractions.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Road Runner Travel Resort have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Road Runner Travel Resort dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Road Runner Travel Resort? The waters between Fort Pierce Inlet State Park (10 minutes) and Vero Beach (25 minutes) are a designated Aquatic Preserve, an exceptionally clear and protected stretch of Florida coast for swimming, fishing, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Road Runner Travel Resort?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.