This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in the foothills of the Catskill mountains
- Half an hour from hiking trails in Minnewaska State Park Preserve
- Heaps of activities and leisure facilities including a waterpark
If you go down to the woods today… you’ll find a warm welcome and facilities of all sorts.
It’s a safe bet to imagine that any campground named after the home of a couple of cheeky cartoon bears is going to be fably family friendly, and so it proves with the top-notch Jellystone Park™ at Birchwood Acres, in the foothills of the Catskill mountains.
There are two playgrounds here to start with, one for teenies and the other set up with a rock wall and a three-storey mega tower for older kids. Climbing completed, it may be on to bouncing on the giant jumping pillow, or perhaps a game of volleyball, basketball, baseball or tennis... Or maybe you’d prefer a spot of fishing for bass and bluegill at the five-acre lake....(top tip: rent a boat or pedalo from the site for a combined exploring and fishing trip.)
Cooling dips are right on hand too – fountains and bubblers in the water play area cater for the smallest splashers, while older kids and grownups can take to the main pool for waterslides and games of water basketball. Sun loungers and a poolside hot tub are on hand for whiling away comfy hours of inactivity.
On your wanderings, pick up a schedule to let you know what activities are planned for your stay (spoiler alert: very many indeed, including crafts, games, dancing and heaps more). Browse through it all at the snack bar, where you can be furnished with drinks, ice creams or classic snacks including burgers, hot dogs and fries.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Get out into the countryside via the trails of the Vernooy Kill State Forest 20 minutes away, where you can look out for deer, turtles and big birds including bald eagles, hawks and osprey on your travels.
Another excellent area for hiking and biking is the Minnewaska State Park Preserve, half an hour away, where 50 miles of footpaths crisscross the park through forests and open space to lead to waterfalls, streams and the gorgeous Lake Minnewaska. If you’ve got all the relevant kit you can find places for rock climbing and scuba diving in the park, or you could just bring your swimmers for a refreshing dip in the clear waters.
For other ways to take in the surroundings, sign up for a horseback trek from the stables 10 minutes away, or take a glider flight from Wurtsboro Airport, 25 minutes away, for an awesome aerial view.
Hippie history is nearby at the Bethel Woods Center for Arts, site of the legendary 1969 Woodstock Festival.
- Does Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres? Get out into the countryside via the trails of the Vernooy Kill State Forest 20 minutes away, where you can look out for deer, turtles and big birds including bald eagles, hawks … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.