This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family site in the village of Slagnäs
- Great fishing in local lakes and rivers; equipment to hire
- Easy to reach by public transport or from the motorway
Among the world’s great eating experiences is a freshly caught fish simply cooked on a barbecue and tucked into among the fresh air. If that sounds like a dinner you could be tempted by, pack your rods and head upriver to Slagnäs Camping & Stugby, a peaceful site in a corner of Lapland that overflows with fishy possibilities.
The site is in the little village of Slagnäs and surrounded by countryside where you can spend your days walking, fishing and canoeing. It may feel pretty remote but in fact it’s easy to get to: the village has a train station and is handily located just off the E45 cross-country motorway; the friendly site owners also run a shuttle bus to the nearest airport, Arvidsjaur, which is 60 kilometres away.
As it's Sweden, there's a sauna on site, installed in a little wooden hut. Also with its own hut is a barbecue area where you can cook your catch even in suboptimal weather, and in keeping with the natural vibe, there’s no problem with lighting up a campfire on your pitch of an evening.
There’s a playground and a trampoline for kids, as well as loads of space to run around.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Fishing is hugely popular around here, and with good reason as there are plenty of places where you can cast your rod. The river Skellefteälven, just next to the site, has rapids and calmer areas where you can find trout, perch, pike and other species.
Other recommended spots are Bergnäsdamm (15 kilometres) and Laisälven (25 kilometres), for trout and occasionally salmon, or you could hire a motorboat from the site and crossing the lake to try your luck with the pike and perch at Naustajaure. For all these areas, fishing licences and equipment can be acquired from the reception at Slagnäs.
The village of Slagnäs has a swimming spot and a culture trail, and is there are also lots of other walking trails nearby. Start out by following the wooden riverside boardwalk along the banks of the rapids, next to the site – it’s about a kilometre and a half long and a good way to get your bearings.
Ekopark Ledfart (20 kilometres away) has more extended walks among woods and mountains where reindeer roam; keep your eyes open too for a glimpse of the elusive lynx, Sweden’s only wild cat. You’ve also got a choice of trails around the forests and lakes of Ekopark Jan-Svensamössan, 25 kilometres away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Slagnäs Camping & Stugby have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Slagnäs Camping & Stugby dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Slagnäs Camping & Stugby? Fishing is hugely popular around here, and with good reason as there are plenty of places where you can cast your rod. The river Skellefteälven, just next to the site, has rapids … Read more