This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful rural site in a fruit-growing area on the banks of Lake Åsnen
- Café, playground and pétanque court
- Direct access to the lake beach, hiking trails and canoe trips
Go foraging for mushrooms or for fruity treats, take swell and slow canoe trips on the lake, catch yourself a fishy specimen or three, or settle back by the fjord to take in your splendid surrounds: all these pursuits and several more besides are what’s awaiting here at the lakeside spot of Urshult Camping, for those who like to keep their stays simple, serene and wholly wholesome.
Guests partial to spending lots of time outdoors will find more than plenty to amuse themselves around here: follow hiking and nature trails through the local reserves, hire bikes to pedal around the surrounding locale, or instead tour from atop a horse; for fun family stuff to do off site too, visit active attractions like the waterpark in Tingsryd or the local golf and miniature golf courses, within a short drive.
This site’s smashing setting is on the banks of Lake Åsnen in southern Sweden: it’s a peaceful, pristine and rural site surrounded by apple orchards and strawberry patches, less than a kilometre from the small town of Urshult.
As well as having direct access to Åsnen’s beaut lake beach and its waters for canoeing and fishing, the site has a playground and a pétanque court for family-friendly frolics during on-site downtime. Whenever you’re feeling peckish, snacks can be procured at the café and snack bar there, or you can pick up simple self-catering supplies at the park’s small shop.
Among the site’s amenities are a free wifi service for staying up to date with all the usual social mediaing, as well as launderette for the upkeep of your holiday garb, a washing-up area for pot and plate polishing, plus washrooms with showers, toilets and baby-bathing facilities.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
There’s a lot to do in Urshult Camping’s immediate vicinity: for starters, there’s a topping waterpark in Tingsryd, with all sorts to keep everyone entertained; kids are guaranteed to love swooshing down the waterslides and splashing around the adventure bath and kids’ pool with waterslides, with other fun features like a waterfall cave, water cannons, jet blasts and water chutes to add extra entertainment factor. Those in need of a spot of pampering will be well catered too, with a roomy Jacuzzi and a sauna at their deserving disposal.
If you’re a golf ace (or an aspiring pro), the local golf and miniature golf courses are where you can head; if not, then might you consider the notion of trotting along on a horse or a pony? If so, this can easily be arranged locally too.
For something history-themed, pack everyone into the car and pootle over to Huseby Bruk manor house and gardens, south of Växjö, for an amble around an historic Swedish 19th-century stately home and its lush tree-filled estate, or for a trip rather more out of the ordinary, visit the highly photogenic Bilkyrkogården Kyrkö Mosse, a car graveyard near Ryd that’s set among the swampy forest of Kyrkö.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Urshult Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Urshult Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Urshult Camping? There’s a lot to do in Urshult Camping’s immediate vicinity: for starters, there’s a topping waterpark in Tingsryd, with all sorts to keep everyone entertained; kids are guaranteed to love swooshing down … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Urshult Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime