This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Forest and mountain site in the Navarrese Pyrenees
- On the outskirts of Europe's second biggest forest
- Pool, playground, bar and restaurant
Forest and mountain fans, this is the family-friendly Navarre site for you.
Camping Murkuzuria is in the Navarrese Pyrenees, on the outskirts of the vast Irati forest, the huge 17,000-hectare swathe that's the second biggest beech and fir wood in all of Europe. (Second only to Germany's Black Forest, but you knew that already…)
Murkuzuria has an outdoor pool set among its mountain scenery; a playground, a TV room and free wifi, as well as a food shop (with a wide range of organic and local produce) and communal barbecues. If you can't be faffed cooking, the bar-restaurant serves meals to make things easy.
Owners Anna and Cátia run the site with an eco-friendly and environmentally responsible vibe, where everything is designed to fit into the surrounding environment and pay respect to nature and biodiversity.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Camping Murkuzuria is in the Salazar valley, in the northwest of the Navarrese Pyrenees bordering the Irati forest, for days spent mountaineering, climbing, hiking or just lazing around the peaceful Navarre valley.
The mammoth Irati forest has two entrances, at the villages of Ochagavía and Orbaitzeta, and three protected natural areas, in the Mendilatz, Tristuibartea and Lizardoia nature reserves. Take one of the signposted paths of differing levels of difficulty to hike the forest and nature spot; species to see include foxes, roe deer, boar and woodpeckers.
The local cuisine is obviously well worth checking out too: munch your way through the local beef, lamb, mushrooms, dairy desserts and cheese.
- Does Camping Murkuzuria have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Murkuzuria dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Murkuzuria? Camping Murkuzuria is in the Salazar valley, in the northwest of the Navarrese Pyrenees bordering the Irati forest, for days spent mountaineering, climbing, hiking or just lazing around the peaceful Navarre valley. … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Murkuzuria?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon