This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly family site a short drive from medieval Cáceres
- Trips organised on site, including to the waterfalls of Jerte valley
- Playground with miniature zipline, restaurant and brick barbecues
Camping Las Catalinas is a quiet site in a peaceful local town, furnished with tiptop and well-maintained facilities and a friendly family atmos.
Guests can get out and about in the area with trips sorted by the site’s enthused team, from hiking around the Jerte valley, visiting the crystal-clear waterfalls la Vera, and Gata de Gorgos, taking a trip to a pretty Marina Alta village that sits on the banks of the river Gorgos and is famed for producing guitars and ceramic pieces.
Once the barracks of the civil guard, the site’s main building houses facilities like an indoor play area for tiny tiddlers to merrily amuse themselves at, plus a restaurant with a roomy terrace and lots of outdoor seating. If you’d rather self-cater to save a few euros for sightseeing days, there’s a big barbecue area with brick grills and tons of outdoor seating.
Elsewhere around the site, other facilities for guests’ leisure time include tennis and padel courts plus a playground outside with a miniature zipline and a trampoline too.
Pitches are grassy and all have electricity, drainage and natural and artificial shade, as well as plenty of space for putting up awnings or outdoor furniture.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Lovely accommodation, very clean, very comfortable. Staff were so helpful, …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Lots of hiking and cycling trails lie around the locale, or should you fancy something slightly more adventurous, explore the landscape with a 4x4 tour or a horseback hack; to find out where to arrange, just ask the friendly site team.
Next on the list for more hiking and horse riding should be the splendid Jerte valley, beginning at the historic walled market city of Plasencia: it’s a spectacularly pretty spot especially in spring, when the cherry trees blossom and cover the valley in a carpet of pink.
Guests here are centrally placed too for trips to the province’s 16th-century walled capital of Cáceres, for wanders around narrow cobbled streets fringed by palaces, mansions, stone arches and ancient churches, as well as to Coria to see Roman monuments and several other handsome historic buildings, like the 17th-century Baroque Episcopal Palace and the Museum of the Royal Prison.
Also within easy reach are Monfragüe National Park for highly scenic hiking trails – if you’re a birdwatching sort, then be sure to bring your binoculars and make tracks for the popular vista of Salto del Gitano, to spy for the likes of black storks, vultures and imperial eagles that make their homes around the park’s cliffs and trees.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Las Catalinas have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Las Catalinas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Las Catalinas? Lots of hiking and cycling trails lie around the locale, or should you fancy something slightly more adventurous, explore the landscape with a 4x4 tour or a horseback hack; to find out … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Las Catalinas?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon