This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site less than 10 minutes' drive from Potchefstroom
- A 30-minute drive from a wildlife reserve and 90 minutes from Jo'berg
- Haven for cyclists, trekkers and explorers
Holidays don’t always have to mean relaxing by the pool. And at Drostdy Overnight Rooms and Caravan Park, less than 10 minutes’ drive from Potchefstroom city centre in South Africa's North West region they absolutely don’t, for there’s plenty nearby to keep you active.
Drostdy is a prime jumping off point for getting to know the region, particularly in the saddle: mountain bike trails at Thabela Thabeng Mountain Retreat, Berakah Adventures, Deelfontein Farm and Otters’ Haunt are all within 45 minutes of the site, and walkers and runners can explore Deelfontein and the 60 kilometres of Vredefort Meteor Trails on foot.
For a more high-octane experience, you can soar across the Vredefort crater at Koepel Mega Zip Adventures, go off-roading at Berakah Adventures or try whitewater rafting on the Vaal river.
Back on site, unwind after all that trekking, biking and adventuring with a cooling dip in the outdoor pool, then kick your feet up by the fire and tuck into some braai – you can pick up supplies in Potchefstroom to toss on the barbecue or, if you’d rather let someone else do the cooking, there are loads of restaurants in the city.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
You won’t have to go far to get a feel for South African city life or history. The city of Potchefstroom is less than 10 minutes’ drive from Drostdy Overnight Rooms and Caravan Park, and there’s plenty here to keep you busy: explore the Goetz Fleischack, President Pretorius, Totius House and Potchefstroom Museums, stroll around the North West University Botanical Gardens, or visit the historic monuments at the old gunpowder house, the Berlin Missionary Complex or the old British fort and Anglo-Boer War graves.
Not enough city for you? The shops, restaurants, galleries and museums of Johannesburg are an hour and a half away. If you’re short on time, the Apartheid Museum is a must-visit and township tours give an important glimpse into the country’s history. Alternatively, blow off some steam and get your adrenaline pumping on the rides at Gold Reef City.
Want to get close to nature instead? Explore Buffelsvlei Wild Animal Park and Boskop Dam Nature Reserve, both around half an hour from the site, or visit the largest and second oldest impact crater in the world at Vredefort. If you’re lucky enough to have time for a bit of an excursion, head to Lion and Safari Park or Pilanesberg Game Reserve, both around two hours from Drostdy, to spend time among the animals.
- Does Drostdy Overnight Rooms and Caravan Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Drostdy Overnight Rooms and Caravan Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Drostdy Overnight Rooms and Caravan Park? You won’t have to go far to get a feel for South African city life or history. The city of Potchefstroom is less than 10 minutes’ drive from Drostdy Overnight Rooms and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Drostdy Overnight Rooms and Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.