This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-maintained private park on the banks of the Vaal river
- A 20-minute drive from the towns of Parys and Vredefort
- Fishing, outdoor pool, kayak hire and site-organised rafting trips
Dimalachite River Lodge is a peaceful riverside site in Free State, 20 minutes' drive from the town of Parys. The accommodation options here have access to all kinds of watery activities, from fly fishing to wild white water rafting. The site's outdoor pool, meanwhile, is an attractive option if you fancy a few more laidback lengths.
The main site area is bordered by trees and a river, with plenty of nature around (to keep things as peaceful as possible, please don't play music and be mindful of other guests). Dimalachite River Lodge has plenty of braai stands where you can light up a fire and get cooking; provisions can be picked up nearby in either Parys or Vredefort (both 20 minutes' drive). A small site kiosk also stocks ice, wood, charcoal, drinks and other snacks.
The washrooms here are well-maintained and cleaned on a regular basis, with showers available for rinsing yourself clean after splashing around on the river.
The site is named after a local species of kingfisher that can often be spotted flitting through the greenery. More nature can be seen close by on site-organised game drives, where oryx, red hartebeest, sable antelope and other creatures can be surveyed. Many of the animals are used to the site's vehicles, allowing you to get up close and personal with the wildlife and snap some top shots.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Swimming pool entry quota
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Local attractions and activities include:
- Parys (for curio shops and dining out): 20 minutes' drive
- Parys Golf and Country Estate: 20 minutes
- Berakah Adventures (4x4 track): 30 minutes
- Venterskroon (old mining town): 35 minutes
- Potchefstroom Museum: 45 minutes
- Johannesburg: an hour and 25 minutes.
- Does Dimalachite River Lodge have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Dimalachite River Lodge dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Dimalachite River Lodge? Local attractions and activities include: - Parys (for curio shops and dining out): 20 minutes' drive - Parys Golf and Country Estate: 20 minutes - Berakah Adventures (4x4 track): 30 minutes - … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Dimalachite River Lodge?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.