This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Mountainside site near the city of Fundão
- Spectacular views of Cova da Beira and the Serra da Estrela
- Pool, play area, communal barbecues and restaurant with balcony
Ah, Portugal... a mighty pretty place with a mighty amount of stuff to see and do. As is most certainly the case at mightily scenic Parque de Campismo Quinta do Convento in Fundão... it's surrounded by lush green groves and has spectacular views of Cova da Beira and the Serra da Estrela.
Wildlife watching, hiking are top picks here: the site's nearby city of Fundão (five minutes' drive away) is south of the Serra da Estrela Natural Park, the biggest natural conservation area in Portugal. Skiing's a swish option too at the Serra da Estrela just under an hour's drive north, and around 250 kilometres of marked trails meander around nearby mountain bike centre for cycling. Bikes can be hired on site.
Parque de Campismo Quinta do Convento is on the foothills of Monte de São Brás in the Gardunha mountain range. Make the site restaurant with balcony a very early aim, for alfresco eating among this splendid scenery, or sizzle up supper at one of the communal barbecues with foodie supplies from the Parque de Campismo Quinta do Convento supermarket or from the shops in Fundão.
Lots of lounging around should be done while on site too, at the outdoor pool or around the grounds while the kids burn off energy at the playground. A games room and TV room are indoors, and the site has free wifi.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
We loved the restaurant, but one night there was enough.
Spaces and staff friendly
Brilliant. Pool absolutely superb. Reception could not have been more …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Jose Antonio P.Confirmed
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
An adventure park with tree climbing circuits is nearby, along with a climbing wall, mountain biking trail and a mountain bike centre. For walks, try the (fairly tough) historical route of Alpedrinha-Castelo Novo or have an even headier time hiking the peaks of the Serra da Gardunha.
Otters, wildcats, badgers and bullfinches are among the species to spot at the Serra da Estrela Natural Park, home to Portugal's biggest mountain range. For sightseeing, drive about half an hour north east of the site to the Serra da Estrela's highest peak Torre: if you've been hiking or climbing so far, you might be chuffed to hear that the summit can be reached by car via Regional Road 339...
Nearby Fundão has enough to do to keep all tastes occupied, such as the José Monteiro archaelogical museum and its collections covering millennia of human history in the region, or the plays, concerts and exhibitions of A Moagem. Just outside town and 20 minutes' drive from the site is Castelo Novo, one of the 12 Historic Villages of Portugal.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Parque de Campismo Quinta do Convento have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Parque de Campismo Quinta do Convento dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Parque de Campismo Quinta do Convento? An adventure park with tree climbing circuits is nearby, along with a climbing wall, mountain biking trail and a mountain bike centre. For walks, try the (fairly tough) historical route of Alpedrinha-Castelo … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Parque de Campismo Quinta do Convento?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon