This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family site on the banks of the Moselle river
- Two kilometres from 19th-century Fort Villey-le-Sec
- Playground, boating lake and sports fields to keep kids happy
When someone finally gets round to compiling the list of Top 10 Most Relaxing Things To Do, it’d be a fairly safe bet to guess that lazing by a river would feature somewhere in this hit parade.
And riverside relaxing is something easily achieved at Camping de Villey-le-Sec, as it’s cunningly located right on the banks of the River Moselle, a 20-minute walk from Villey-le-Sec village centre. You could while away many hours here simply quietly contemplating the calmly flowing waters (although perhaps a chilled glass of something local might aid the experience a little). If the idea of sitting entirely idly is all a bit too much, cast a rod into the water and focus your attentions on seeing if you can snag a passing fish.
Kids of course have somewhat different requirements of a holiday but no matter – there’s plenty to keep them happy around here. They can run around at the playground, launch little boats on the small lake, or maybe gather a posse for a game of basketball or volleyball.
Didn’t manage to catch any fish for your dinner? Chalk it down to experience and wend your way instead to the restaurant, where you can eat out on the sunny terrace. Or you could always light up a barbie; pick up all the bits and bobs you need for that at the shops in Toul, 15 minutes away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Friendly & peaceful, perfect for cycling or walking
Very friendly staff, always with a smile. Beautiful surroundings and …
everything , great clean site , very tidy , wonderful …
size of pitch, layout, restaurant/bar on site, quiet
Recommended, very nice site
Peace and quiet
Great setting, friendly people
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Walking and cycle trails start nearby allowing you to meander through the local plum orchards, along the riverbank and up to the Haye forest. To see things from a different angle, head to the riding centre a five-minute drive away, or take the 20-minute drive to Pont St-Vincent where you can hire canoes.
Two kilometres away is Villey-le-Sec Fort, a huge defensive fort enveloping the existing village. Modernised and adapted in the 20th century, it’s now a very interesting place for a wander. If you’d rather save your legs there’s a little tourist train that can whisk you around many parts of it.
Toul, a 15-minute drive away, is worth visiting for a walk around its Old Town, with well-preserved buildings that date from the 15th century through to the 18th. Tour the grand Gothic cathedral and then visit the Museum of Art and History to trace the development of the area through 28 themed rooms from prehistory to contemporary life.
You may also have noticed that you’re in wine country here, and there are several wineries and vineyards open for visits nearby. The local tourist office can suggest routes for walkers, cyclists and drivers, leaving from Toul or other nearby villages such as Bruley, 20 minutes’ drive away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping de Villey-le-Sec have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping de Villey-le-Sec dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de Villey-le-Sec? Walking and cycle trails start nearby allowing you to meander through the local plum orchards, along the riverbank and up to the Haye forest. To see things from a different angle, head … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping de Villey-le-Sec?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.