This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Large family-friendly site 10 minutes' drive from Bogny-sur-Meuse
- Next to a voie verte trail for walks and bike rides
- Direct access to the Semois river for fishing and canoe trips
Ah, the Ardennes – an area with oodles to offer for folks of all travelling tastes. Snaffle a stay at Camping d'Haulmé and you’ll be within easy reach of this scenic area’s many outdoorsy activities, history-tinged wanderings and places to sample local foodie (and beery) delights.
The immediate surrounds of this eight-hectare site are decidedly rural, with a forest on one side and the banks of the Semois river on the other. Canoes and kayaks can be hired on site for folk with a penchant for paddling, and a voie verte trail passes very close by for those who’d prefer to stick to dry land and explore on foot, by bike or on horseback.
It’s not far removed from urban amenities, however – the little village of Haulmé is a kilometre away, and a leisurely 10-minute drive gets you to the supermarket, shops and restaurants of bigger Bogny-sur-Meuse.
Both options seem a little too far to stray in search of food? No matter – the site’s restaurant is open throughout the year for easy eats, and its bar area is equally welcoming for those who find themselves in need of a cold beer.
If it’s not quite beer time yet, there’s still the chance to cool off on a warm day with a dip in the outdoor pool. A pedal kart track and plenty of playground kit are also on hand for those with energetic enfants to entertain.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Staff nice and friendly and go uot of there way to help
Good for a couple of nights stop over but site needs some work.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Raring to get active? Get your boots on and stretch your legs on the voie verte trail that runs past the site. You can ride bikes along the same trail too, pedalling all the way to Belgium should you wish (only an hour away, and worth it for the multi-country bragging rights). To see the surrounds from a greater height and speed, the ziplines and bungee jumps at Terraltitude adventure park, half an hour away, might be more your style.
Feet back on solid ground, consider taking in a bit of history with visits to the Château-Fort de Sedan (50 minutes’ drive and the largest of its kind in Europe) and the Roman settlement at Vireux-Molhain (35 minutes). 20th-century goings-on are detailed at the World War II-themed Musée de la Bataille Mai-Juin 40 (an hour’s drive).
It’s worth shuttling off to Charleville-Mézières (half an hour) if you’re into your art and artefacts: the Arthur Rimbaud Museum and Musée de l’Ardenne are both crammed with bits to peruse. Follow up by popping over to Le Grand Marionnettiste monumental clock, where 12 different scenes play out on the hour across the day; if you can’t spare time for them all, schedule a Saturday evening visit to see them all in one go.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping d'Haulmé have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping d'Haulmé dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping d'Haulmé? Raring to get active? Get your boots on and stretch your legs on the voie verte trail that runs past the site. You can ride bikes along the same trail too, pedalling … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping d'Haulmé?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 6 p.m. Depart by: 9 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.