This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site by a river and forest a kilometre from Červená Řečice
- Less than an hour's drive from the UNESCO-listed city of Telč
- Swimming pool, campfires and bar selling beer and ice creams
What a tiptop spot this is… on the banks of the Trnávka river, surrounded by forests and a 20-minute stroll from village amenities – Dutch owners Martin and Mascha certainly picked a top location for their chilled-out place in Červená Řečice.
It’ll be easy to while away many a peaceful hour or day at Camping Kovarna, paddling or fishing for trout in the river and trotting off into the forest for woodland wandering, before returning for a cooling dip in the outdoor pool (or the paddling pool for tinies). A playground, table tennis and plenty of space for games should keep the nippers happy, and there’s wifi access for those who need a break from all the nature.
Spacious pitches mean guests can settle down for idle evening hours by a glowing barbecue, and there are also frequent cosy campfire gatherings organised for those who feel like mingling. There's a café-bar on site too if you don't fancy doing your own cooking or if you'd like to pick up an all-important ice cream or a chilled Czech beer or few (yes).
Fresh bread and pastries waft their scent across the site of a morning; for other foodie needs there’s a grocery store in the village or larger supermarkets 15 minutes’ drive away in Pelhřimov.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Medium (26-50 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
As well as woodland wanders by the site, there are some lovely walks and bike rides to be had around Želiv reservoir, four kilometres from the site. Prime picnic and sunbathing spots are around here too, along with places to swim and hire small boats.
Trot a little further into Želiv itself to visit the monastery and Baroque church before continuing on to see some of the area’s other historic buildings: Cervená Lothá or Kámen castles, perhaps, or the colourful houses around the triangular market square in UNESCO-listed Telč. Pretty Pelhřimov, 15 minutes’ drive away, is worth a stroll too.
For a taste of big-city life, it's around an hour and a half to drive to Prague to spend a day taking in all the sights: the Charles Bridge, castle and astronomical clock are among the top picks, and there are all sorts of boat trips, classical music concerts and bars to consider too.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Kovarna have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Kovarna dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Kovarna? As well as woodland wanders by the site, there are some lovely walks and bike rides to be had around Želiv reservoir, four kilometres from the site. Prime picnic and sunbathing spots … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Kovarna?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.