This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Hillside site 20 minutes' walk from Villa La Angostura
- Close to national parks and 30 mins' drive from Cerro Bayo ski resort
- Barbecues, picnic tables and cosy common room on site
Fancy spending your days surrounded by gorgeous lakes and mountains, but with urban amenities on hand when the need for a bit of civilisation strikes? Cast your eyes towards Camping Osa Mayor, a place bestowed with knockout views towards the Andes mountains but only 20 minutes’ stroll from the centre of Villa La Angostura.
This is one of those have-it-all places – for your nature fix hike, bike or ride your way through Los Arrayanes National Park, ski at Cerro Bayo or take boat trips or go fishing on the nearby lakes. Wholesome antics complete for the day, it’s then just a short walk into town for bars, restaurants, pizzerias and chocolate shops.
While in town, pick up foodie bits to bring back to base: the site has a barbecue area and plenty of picnic tables. If it’s a bit chilly for outdoor dining (this is the mountains, after all) retreat to the cosy common room, which is heated and set up with tables, chairs and board games.
Those who fear a nippy start to the day (or need a post-hike/apres-ski warm-up) will be chuffed to hear that bathroom facilities here are covered and supplied with hot water 24 hours a day.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
This is a fab spot for outdoor activities: first up, head out into Laguna Verde municipal reserve or Los Arrayanes National Park, both a few kilometres from the site. There are more trails around here too, taking in lakes, waterfalls and giant trees (including one so wide it takes 10 people linking arms to encircle it).
For watersports, mosey along to Puerto Manzano, a 15-minute drive away, or rent kayaks to take out on the Correntoso lake (10 minutes). There’s good fishing nearby too, and excellent watery views along the 110 kilometres of the famed Path of Seven Lakes linking Villa La Angostura with San Martin de los Andes.
Snow sorts coming along in winter can easily get up to Cerro Bayo with a drive of half an hour or so, for downhill or cross country skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Osa Mayor have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Osa Mayor dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Osa Mayor? This is a fab spot for outdoor activities: first up, head out into Laguna Verde municipal reserve or Los Arrayanes National Park, both a few kilometres from the site. There are more … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Osa Mayor?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime