Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Smart bell tent glampsite overlooking the Severn Estuary
- A 10-minute drive from Cowbridge; Cardiff city centre 25 minutes
- Next to a rural arts space and permaculture garden
Coed Hills Campsite is a small-scale glamping site in the gorgeous Vale of Glamorgan, conveniently located 10 minutes' drive from the popular market town of Cowbridge and under half an hour from Cardiff city centre. Coed Hills is next to a rural arts space that hosts various workshops that you're welcome to explore, plus a pretty permaculture garden for ecologically interesting rambles.
In a nod to the eco-conscious community next door, this site has access to sustainable facilities like composting toilets. Showers are also available, local produce is sold on site and all guests have shared use of a well-positioned washing-up area.
These smart pre-pitched tents are all set up and ready to go, but as they're unfurnished you'll need to bring your own bedding and equipment along. Make a point of including cooking kit on your packing list, as the site allows barbecues and campfires.
When it's time to wander away from base, make for the nearby village of St Hilary (15 minutes' walk) where there is a well-liked local pub. Another local attraction of note is Old Beaupre Castle, a Cadw-managed heritage site (five minutes’ drive). Coed Hills is also near the coast, with the nearest beach an easy four-mile drive or bike ride away.
Open from 23/07/2021 to 20/08/2021
No naked flames are allowed inside the hired accommodation units.
Guests must bring their own duvets, pillows, sheets and towels when staying in rental accommodation. You will not be allowed to stay if you do not bring these items.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 4.0m width x 4.0m length (13.1ft width x 13.1ft length) Calculated area: 16.0m² (172.2ft²)
|Max. persons||2 x
4.0m width x 4.0m length
(13.1ft width x 13.1ft length)
Calculated area: 16.0m² (172.2ft²)
(2 x bring your own bed)
|No toilets in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|No showers in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a 3 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar ($), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
- Coach stations
Cardiff International Airport: Bus Stop
— 6.9 kilometres
6.9 kilometres Bridgend Sarn Coach Stop — 15.1 kilometres
15.1 kilometres Cardiff Bus Station — 16.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Llantwit Major Rail Station
— 6.0 kilometres
6.0 kilometres Rhoose Rail Station — 7.5 kilometres
7.5 kilometres Pontyclun Rail Station — 9.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Barry Waterfront Ferry Terminal
— 10.7 kilometres
10.7 kilometres Channel View Waterbus Stop — 16.3 kilometres
16.3 kilometres Cardiff Castle Waterbus Stop — 16.3 kilometres
Cardiff International Airport
— 7.0 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Old Beaupre Castle: five minutes' drive
- Cowbridge: 10 minutes
- Cottrell Park Golf Resort: 10 minutes
- Cardiff Castle: 25 minutes
- Cardiff Bay: 25 minutes
- Pontypridd: 30 minutes
- Dyffryn Gardens: 30 minutes
- Castell Coch: 30 minutes
- Brecon Beacons National Park: 45 minutes
- Gower Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: an hour
- St Fagans: National History Museum (10.7 kilometres)
- Castell Coch (15.4 kilometres)
- Millennium Stadium (16.5 kilometres)
- Holnicote Estate (28.3 kilometres)
- Dunster Castle (29.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Coed Hills Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 10 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Coed Hills Campsite will debit the balance from your card 10 days before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 10 days then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Coed Hills Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Coed Hills Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Coed Hills Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Old Beaupre Castle: five minutes' drive - Cowbridge: 10 minutes - Cottrell Park Golf Resort: 10 minutes - Cardiff Castle: 25 minutes - Cardiff Bay: 25 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Coed Hills Campsite?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Coed Hills Campsite? From $469.68 (for 3 nights, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability