Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Shepherd's hut in a three-acre meadow in rural Cornwall
- Dog friendly with plenty of privacy and space
- Double bed, board games, books, verandah and woodburning stove
Frizparc Shepherd's Hut is a secluded glamping site deep in Cornwall countryside, and a fine spot for escaping busy tourist resorts – it's just outside the teeny hamlet of Tresmeer and about a 15-minute drive from Launceston.
Pack your wellies and walking boots for a quiet retreat here: the hut is set in its own three-acre meadow, providing plenty of privacy for couples and lots of space for kids to run around and play. The hut has a double bed (4ft 6in x 5ft 8in); extra guests can pitch their own tent outside the cabin.
A particularly fine way to take in the views over the Dartmoor hills here is to settle on the verandah for alfresco dining. For a bit of evening entertainment, the hut has board games and a selection of books – or you could always choose simply to snuggle up near the woodburning stove.
Eco-friendly touches here include the solar panels that supply the site with electricity and a solar thermal system that helps to heat the water.
Other facilities include a washing-up corner, toilet and shower as well as a storage room for your boots and coats.
Open from 09/04/2020 to 30/09/2020
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Please note, the occupancy inside the hut is strictly limited to up to 2 people. Extra guests can pitch their own tents outside the hut; please select the relevant extra.
The hut is 100 metres away over a grass field with no vehicular access to bring your gear to the unit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
1 bedroom shepherd's hut
Max. persons: 4 x
Dimensions: 2.0m width x 4.0m length (6.6ft width x 13.1ft length) Calculated area: 8.0m² (86.1ft²)
Shepherd's hut with a double bed. Please note, the occupancy inside the hut is strictly limited to up to 2 people. Extra guests can pitch their own tents outside the hut, please select the relevant extra.
|Max. persons||4 x
2.0m width x 4.0m length
(6.6ft width x 13.1ft length)
Calculated area: 8.0m² (86.1ft²)
(1 x double bed)
|No toilets in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|No showers in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|Please bring your own towels.|
|Doona and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Dry toilet / eco toilet|
|You will be able to choose extras on the booking page.|
Please note, the hut is strictly limited to 2 people. Extra guests can pitch their own tent outside.
|£5/€5.99/$9.85/US$6.50/CA$8.64/CHF6.35/SEK63.26/DKK44.73/NOK60.74/ISK834/ARS401.11/CLP5,278/PEN21.92/NZ$10.28/ZAR98.67/PLN25.75/R$28.51/CZK151.06/RSD704/HUF2,018.99/RUB424.92/CN¥45.71 per night|
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar ($), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
This was an absolutely perfect place to stay in a ...
From the manager...
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in the hut. We would love you to stay with us again in the future and look forward to seeing you again.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Propane/gas cylinders available
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Launceston: Westgate Street Coach Stop
— 10.3 kilometres
10.3 kilometres Bude: Strand Coach Stop — 18.6 kilometres
18.6 kilometres Dobwalls (Cornwall): Coach Stop — 23.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Liskeard Rail Station
— 24.2 kilometres
24.2 kilometres Coombe Junction Halt (Rail Station) — 24.3 kilometres
24.3 kilometres Gunnislake Rail Station — 25.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Rock Padstow Ferry Landing
— 32.9 kilometres
32.9 kilometres Padstow Ferry Landing — 33.7 kilometres
33.7 kilometres Fowey Custom House Quay Ferry Landing — 37.2 kilometres
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 43.1 kilometres
From Tresmeer: with the village hall on your left, continue away from the village, down the hill and take the first turning left. About 200 yards along on the left enter the field through an iron gate to the park (there is a small sign saying 'Frizparc' on the gate).
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Three Saints Way Walk (trail around local churches): from the site
- Adamsfield Fishery: five minutes’ drive
- Tamar Otter & Wildlife Centre: 10 minutes
- Hidden Valley Discover Park (gardens with themed trails, maze and mini railway): 15 minutes
- The Museum of Witchcraft and Magic: 20 minutes
- Crackington Haven beach and South West Coast Path: 20 minutes
- Dartmoor and the Granite Way cycle track: half an hour
- Tintagel Castle: half an hour
- Port Isaac (historic fishing village): half an hour
- Padstow (seaside town and foodie hub): an hour.
- Tintagel Castle (18.4 kilometres)
- Rock Beach (32.7 kilometres)
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (36.0 kilometres)
- Lawrence House (10.1 kilometres)
- Tintagel Old Post Office (17.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Please advise time of arrival, using the contact details provided on your booking confirmation email as you will be greeted at the field.
Frizparc Shepherd's Hut cancellation policy
No refunds within 3 weeks of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Frizparc Shepherd's Hut will debit the balance from your card 3 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 3 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Frizparc Shepherd's Hut have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Frizparc Shepherd's Hut dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Frizparc Shepherd's Hut? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Three Saints Way Walk (trail around local churches): from the site - Adamsfield Fishery: five minutes’ drive - Tamar Otter & Wildlife Centre: 10 minutes - ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Frizparc Shepherd's Hut?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.
Please advise time of arrival, using the contact details provided on your booking confirmation email as you will be greeted at the field.Read more
- How much does it cost to stay at Frizparc Shepherd's Hut? From $133.95 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability