This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glamping in bell tents on the edge of the South Downs National Park
- A 15-minute drive from Arundel and south coast beaches
- Well-equipped tents with bedding, towels, firepit and fridge
Wandering in West Sussex? Take a break at Washington Glamping Site, in a handy spot close to the A24 and A283 and around 15 minutes’ drive from Pulborough.
This is a particularly fine location for walkers, as it’s on the edge of the scenic South Downs National Park and about 10 minutes’ drive from the South Downs Way. If you’re not quite up for the path’s full 100-mile hike, it’s handy to know that you can also walk to the local village, Washington, in around five minutes for a pub trip or to hail the local bus for more extensive exploring.
Wherever you’ve roamed to by day, a comfy night awaits back at base: stays here are in spacious bell tents each kitted out with a double bed, two single beds, a fridge, a gas barbecue and a kettle with tea and coffee supplies for that all-important hot drink when you rise in the morning (and you can order breakfast baskets too if you want to fill up well before a day out).
Much of what you need is thrown in here: the tents have electrical connections, plus bedding and towels provided (particularly handy for those travelling light…) A firepit is also on hand for keeping you warm on alfresco evenings, with wood available to buy on site (although you’re welcome to bring your own if you prefer). Toilets and showers are close to the tents, with thoughtful touches like hairdryers installed.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitizing stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
One-way flow for entering/leaving buildings
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Broadwater (Worthing): Coach Stop
— 9.4 kilometres
9.4 kilometres Goring-by-Sea Coach Stop — 10.6 kilometres
10.6 kilometres West Worthing: Goring Rd Coach Stop — 10.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Pulborough Rail Station
— 9.4 kilometres
9.4 kilometres Amberley Rail Station — 9.7 kilometres
9.7 kilometres West Worthing Rail Station — 10.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 34.1 kilometres
34.1 kilometres West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 34.4 kilometres
34.4 kilometres Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal — 35.0 kilometres
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 11.7 kilometres
11.7 kilometres London Gatwick Airport North Terminal — 32.2 kilometres
32.2 kilometres London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 32.3 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Parham House & Gardens: 10 minutes’ drive
- Amberley Museum: 10 minutes
- Bramber Castle: 10 minutes
- West Sussex Golf Club: 10 minutes
- Arundel Castle: 15 minutes
- Worthing (seaside town): 15 minutes
- Goodwood House and racecourse: half an hour
- Brighton: half an hour
- Bluebell Railway: 40 minutes.
- Parham House & Gardens (6.2 kilometres)
- Arundel Castle and Gardens (12.0 kilometres)
- Fishers Adventure Farm Park (14.8 kilometres)
- Petworth House and Park (16.8 kilometres)
- Nymans (21.3 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Washington Glamping Site be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 01/06/2021. Read more
- Does Washington Glamping Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Washington Glamping Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Washington Glamping Site? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Parham House & Gardens: 10 minutes’ drive - Amberley Museum: 10 minutes - Bramber Castle: 10 minutes - West Sussex Golf Club: 10 minutes - Arundel … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Washington Glamping Site?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.