Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Well-equipped site on a working farm in the South Downs National Park
- A 15-minute drive to Chichester and half an hour to the south coast
- Kitchen facilities provided; two village pubs within a mile
Marden Meadows is a smart West Sussex site in the gorgeous South Downs National Park, just outside the little village of East Marden and around 15 minutes’ drive north of Chichester.
This site is part of a family-run working farm, so you can expect a peaceful rural atmosphere along with easy access to footpaths and bridleways for guests looking to head out for walks in the surrounding farmland and woodland.
There are, of course, many miles of paths crisscrossing the South Downs, so walkers and bike riders should find plenty to keep them busy for days in the surrounding area. If you fancy a change of scenery, maybe take a day out at Goodwood (15 minutes’ drive away) or head down to the south coast – the likes of Portsmouth, Bognor Regis and West Wittering are all about half an hour’s drive away.
Couples and families alike are welcome at Marden Meadows, with all guests having access to shared kitchen facilities, gas-heated showers and toilets known as ‘festiloos’. Firepits and campfires aren’t permitted here for safety reasons, but guests are allowed to use barbecues as long as they’re raised off the ground.
A couple of excellent village pubs are within a mile if you fancy going out to eat and drink, and the nearby village of Compton (three miles away) has a village shop and tea room.
Open from 02/07/2021 to 31/08/2021
Units heavier than 3500 kg are not allowed.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
The park caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
Group bookings of 3 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
Continental touring caravans (caravans built with the door on the right-hand side) are not permitted.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
No electric barbecues allowed.
This is a quiet park: no music is allowed.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the park are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric grass and earth tent or trailer tent pitch (2 adults and 2 children)
Max. persons: 4 x
One Tent or Camper trailer allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 6.0m width x 6.0m depth (19.7ft width x 19.7ft depth) Calculated area: 36.0m² (387.5ft²)
Ground type: Grass and earth
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar ($), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
- Coach stations
Petersfield: Dragon Street Coach Stop
— 10.8 kilometres
10.8 kilometres Horndean (Hants): Precinct Coach Stop — 11.2 kilometres
11.2 kilometres Chichester Bus Station — 11.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Rowlands Castle Rail Station
— 9.1 kilometres
9.1 kilometres Bosham Rail Station — 9.4 kilometres
9.4 kilometres Nutbourne Rail Station — 9.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 12.8 kilometres
12.8 kilometres West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 13.4 kilometres
13.4 kilometres Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 19.5 kilometres
— 36.7 kilometres
36.7 kilometres Shoreham Brighton City Airport — 40.0 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- West Dean Gardens: 10 minutes’ drive
- Weald & Downland Living Museum: 10 minutes
- Chichester (cathedral, Pallant House Gallery, theatre): 15 minutes
- Goodwood Estate (racecourse, motor racing and events): 15 minutes
- Tinwood Estate vineyard: 15 minutes
- Stansted Park (estate with mansion and maze): 20 minutes
- Portsmouth (for maritime history attractions): half an hour
- Hayling Island (beach with funfair and watersports): half an hour
- West Wittering beach: half an hour.
- Uppark House and Garden (4.4 kilometres)
- West Dean Gardens (4.9 kilometres)
- Weald & Downland Open Air Museum (6.1 kilometres)
- Uppark House and Garden (4.7 kilometres)
- Petworth House and Park (17.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Marden Meadows cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Marden Meadows will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Marden Meadows have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Marden Meadows dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Marden Meadows? Attractions and activities nearby include: - West Dean Gardens: 10 minutes’ drive - Weald & Downland Living Museum: 10 minutes - Chichester (cathedral, Pallant House Gallery, theatre): 15 minutes - Goodwood Estate … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Marden Meadows?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Marden Meadows? From $45.76 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability