This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Essex farm site with stabling for horses
- Fishing reservoir within five miles
- Next to a nature reserve: free entry included in accommodation price
It’s all things great and small at Lee Wick Cottages and Camping in the north Essex countryside – the site itself is cutely dinky, but comes with pods with plenty of space.
And we bet this is the only campsite in the country where you can get a side order of spuds when you stay – the farm focused on potato production before branching out into welcoming guests, and spuds are still grown on site.
Say hi to Robert in the farm office at the top of the lane, where he’ll often be found fulfilling his role of potato merchant. You might also find him around the horse stables – Lee Wick Farm has stabling for around 18 horses, which should keep equine enthusiasts entertained.
Or maybe you’d prefer to cast off instead at the nearby fishing reservoir, or bag a free pass to the neighbouring Essex Wildlife Trust Colne Point Nature Reserve: the road beyond the farm leads directly to the reserve.
The site welcomes well-behaved canine campers too.
Open from 04/07/2020 to 31/12/2020
Open from 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021
Open from 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Had a lovely stay,it was so clean!
We stayed in the Purple Cargo Pod, which was lovely. …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
St Osyth: Kings Arms Coach Stop
— 2.4 kilometres
2.4 kilometres St Osyth: Shangri La Caravan Park Coach Stop — 3.4 kilometres
3.4 kilometres Jaywick: Three Jays — 4.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Clacton-on-Sea Rail Station
— 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Great Bentley Rail Station — 7.3 kilometres
7.3 kilometres Alresford (Essex) Rail Station — 8.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Point Clear Ferry Landing
— 2.8 kilometres
2.8 kilometres Brightlingsea Ferry Landing — 2.9 kilometres
2.9 kilometres Harwich International Ferry Terminal — 22.7 kilometres
London Southend Airport
— 34.2 kilometres
Off site, there’s plenty to do in this corner of Essex, such as sailing, golfing, walking, cycling and splashing around in the nearby indoor pool. A stroll around the historic neighbouring farm village St Osyth is also recommended to see the Priory which has been looking over the village centre since the twelfth century.
Get sandy on the two beaches within two miles, walk along the seawall to seaside town Clacton-on-Sea to buy fish and chips and a Kiss Me Quick hat, or double up on the seaside by also visiting tiny and quirky Frinton-on-Sea. There are plenty of nature spotting and birdwatching opportunities in the area too, with regular local sightings of the once rare marsh harrier bird of prey.
Further afield, Colchester is a quick drive or bus ride away, and as England’s oldest recorded town there’ll be plenty of historical sights to see – have a schlep around Colchester Castle then keep the kids happy by taking them to the first-class zoo.
The famous Suffolk Heritage Coastline is also a short drive away with towns Southwold and Aldesburgh to browse around, or keep up the history theme by nosying around nearby Wivenhoe, Brightlingsea and Maldon.
- firstsite (15.3 kilometres)
- Colchester Castle Museum (15.6 kilometres)
- Colchester Zoo (17.2 kilometres)
- Bourne Mill (13.9 kilometres)
- Flatford: Bridge Cottage (19.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Lee Wick Farm Cottages and Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Lee Wick Farm Cottages and Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Lee Wick Farm Cottages and Camping? Off site, there’s plenty to do in this corner of Essex, such as sailing, golfing, walking, cycling and splashing around in the nearby indoor pool. A stroll around the historic neighbouring farm … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Lee Wick Farm Cottages and Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.