This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Direct access to seven miles of beach on the Essex coast
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sports court and kids' club
- Lively restaurant and bar with takeaway and entertainment
An early morning constitutional along the sands, a pre-lunch paddle and castle construction contest, or a romantic sunset stroll beside the waves – with the beach this close, you’ll have no problem fitting in all three.
Beach buffs will be in their Essex coast element at Martello Beach Holiday Park, as it's got direct access to seven miles of broad golden sands, meaning you can just nip over for a dose of sea and sand as your mood (or the weather…) dictates. In between trips to the beach, there's plenty of fun to be had on site: the park's got swimming pools indoor and out, a sports court, kids’ clubs, and a multizone adventure playground.
Fine days here can be celebrated with the lighting of a barbecue should you wish (supermarkets are a 10-minute drive away in Clacton-on-Sea); easier eats can be had at the site's restaurant where you can either settle in at a table or have them pack up bits to take away. However you elect to dine, make sure you're done in time to head to the East Beach Showbar for drinks and the free live shows, competitions and games that are laid on in the busier months.
Open from 04/07/2020 to 01/11/2020
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Wonderful site.so reasonable.just loved the helpful staff.xx
Not very clean no entertainment watered down alcohol
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Digital food/drink menus
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Swimming pool entry quota
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Large (51-200 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Jaywick: Three Jays
— 1.9 kilometres
1.9 kilometres Jaywick: Chester Holiday Park Coach Stop — 3.2 kilometres
3.2 kilometres St Osyth: Kings Arms Coach Stop — 3.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Clacton-on-Sea Rail Station
— 4.6 kilometres
4.6 kilometres Weeley Rail Station — 8.9 kilometres
8.9 kilometres Great Bentley Rail Station — 9.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Point Clear Ferry Landing
— 6.1 kilometres
6.1 kilometres Brightlingsea Ferry Landing — 6.1 kilometres
6.1 kilometres Harwich International Ferry Terminal — 22.2 kilometres
London Southend Airport
— 35.5 kilometres
Fancy a day out? Make nearby Clacton-on-Sea (10 minutes' drive) your first port of call, for the Victorian pier crammed with dodgems, amusements and fairground rides, another great sandy beach, pretty seafront gardens, and plenty of places to grab some fish and chips.
Another place that’s well worth a trip is Colchester (half an hour): Britain's oldest recorded town is littered with Roman remains to wander around, and it's also got a Norman castle and the fab Firstsite contemporary art gallery to peruse. The town's excellent zoo is a must for those who've brought the bairns on a break, and there's also a trampoline park, roller rink and adventure golf centre to help them burn off any excess energy.
Those seeking something a little less energetic may like to take a wander through the Beth Chatto Gardens (25 minutes), Hamford Water National Nature Reserve (half an hour) or the Essex Wildlife Trust's bird and butterfly sanctuary at Fingringhoe Wick (45 minutes).
- firstsite (18.5 kilometres)
- Colchester Castle Museum (18.7 kilometres)
- Colchester Zoo (20.6 kilometres)
- Bourne Mill (17.1 kilometres)
- Flatford: Bridge Cottage (21.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Martello Beach Holiday Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Martello Beach Holiday Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Martello Beach Holiday Park? Fancy a day out? Make nearby Clacton-on-Sea (10 minutes' drive) your first port of call, for the Victorian pier crammed with dodgems, amusements and fairground rides, another great sandy beach, pretty seafront … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Martello Beach Holiday Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 5:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.