This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family campsite in Beckside on the Cartmel Peninsula
- Within a 15-minute drive of Lake Windermere and the coast
- A mile from Cartmel's priory, food shops, restaurants and pubs
Where outdoor landscapes are concerned, many quite rightly wax lyrical about the scenic vistas of the Lake District. But what about the Cartmel Peninsula? The owners of Cartmel Campsite (and they're not alone) rave about this hidden gem of a landscape, which is a good deal quieter than the national park while being within 15 minutes' drive of the shores of Lake Windermere.
Dotted with attractive villages including Cartmel (a mile away from site) and Flookburgh (10 minutes' drive), this pretty part of the world is increasingly being seen as a destination in its own right. The northern side of Morecambe Bay is also well within reach if you drive 10 minutes to Grange-over-Sands for coastal walks or saltwater swims in the town lido.
Cartmel Campsite is located in a small hamlet called Beckside within striking distance of all of the above and a mere mile from Cartmel's pubs, food shops and priory. It’s also a 20-minute walk from L'Enclume restaurant, where sticky toffee pudding is believed to have been invented; orders for the sweet treat in the surrounding area are still going strong today.
This basic site is a green and spacious one where you can pick your own pitch on arrival. Fresh water is available, and there are portaloo toilets that are cleaned regularly. Barbecues are also allowed, while well-behaved dogs are welcome to come along too.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great family campsite.Clean facilities.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
No cash accepted on site
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 15.6 kilometres
15.6 kilometres New Street — 15.6 kilometres
15.6 kilometres St Michaels Lane — 16.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Cark Rail Station
— 4.0 kilometres
4.0 kilometres Grange-over-Sands Rail Station — 4.1 kilometres
4.1 kilometres Kents Bank Rail Station — 5.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Fell Foot Country Park Ferry Landing
— 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Lakeside Windermere Ferry Landing — 7.2 kilometres
7.2 kilometres Lake Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 13.1 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 93.3 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Cartmel Priory and Priory Gatehouse: five minutes' drive
- Lakeland Segway: five minutes
- Hampsfell walk (seven-mile route following the Cumbrian Cistercian Way): five minutes
- Holker Hall and Gardens: 10 minutes
- Grange-over-Sands Lido: 10 minutes
- Skydive Northwest: 10 minutes
- Fell Brewery: 10 minutes
- Fell Foot Park (watersports on Lake Windermere): 15 minutes
- South Lakes Safari Zoo: 30 minutes
- Arnside and Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 30 minutes
- Holker Hall and Gardens (3.2 kilometres)
- Lakeland Motor Museum (5.6 kilometres)
- Windermere Lake Cruises, Lakeside (7.3 kilometres)
- Cartmel Priory Gatehouse (1.4 kilometres)
- Fell Foot Park (6.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Cartmel Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cartmel Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cartmel Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Cartmel Priory and Priory Gatehouse: five minutes' drive - Lakeland Segway: five minutes - Hampsfell walk (seven-mile route following the Cumbrian Cistercian Way): five minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Cartmel Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
On arrival please pick your own pitch. The managers will be on site occasionally if you have any queries.Read more