Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Quiet glamping pod two miles from Middleton-in-Teesdale
- In the North Pennines, 25 minutes’ walk from the Pennine Way
- Walk to shops, cafés and takeaways; views over Teesdale and Lunedale
With far-reaching views over Teesdale and Lunedale in the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the luxury glamping pod at Highside Farm is as scenic as it is peaceful. Graced by spectacular dark skies for stargazing, surrounded by plenty of wildlife and tucked away from the rest of the campsite, the pod has a private and peaceful atmosphere, whether you’re after a romantic retreat or a peaceful getaway.
After spending the day trekking along the 268-mile Pennine Way, which is just 25 minutes’ walk away from the pod, snuggle up and stargaze (weather permitting) on the porch, which is completely undercover and provided with snuggle blankets. The decking has a bistro table, chairs and a dining set for alfresco evenings.
If it’s a little chilly, why not light the firepit and listen out for the local owls? The site supplies your first basket of logs and a starter pack for free. If you require more, they can be purchased on site (please don’t bring your own firewood).
Named after one of the local reservoirs, the Grassholme luxury glamping pod sleeps two people. It has been fully equipped with a kitchen sink, breakfast bear, full-sized oven, two-ring induction hob, integrated fridge-freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and all utensils, pots, pans, mugs and glasses. There’s coffee, tea, sugar, cooking oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to get you started.
Simply put, this is an excellent getaway for those who want to sit back and relax and explore the local walks. Go birdwatching at the local nature reserve, Hayberries Nature reserve (five minutes’ drive) or cycle the day away too. The market town of Barnard Castle is 15 minutes’ drive away and Middleton-in-Teesdale, around half an hour’s walk away, has shops, cafés and takeaways.
Other features inside the pod include a two-seater sofa, a 30-inch TV with satellite, a USB charging point and wifi. There’s an ensuite shower with a hairdryer and heated towel rail (towels are provided) and a comfy double bed (bedding is provided).
Guests under the age of 20 are not allowed on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Grassholme camping pod
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 3.0m width x 8.0m length (9.8ft width x 26.2ft length) Calculated area: 24.0m² (258.3ft²)
A hairdryer is provided, as well as complimentary tea and coffee, and condiments.
|Max. persons||2 x
3.0m width x 8.0m length
(9.8ft width x 26.2ft length)
Calculated area: 24.0m² (258.3ft²)
|Year of manufacture||2021|
(1 x double bed)
Bathroom (1 x shower, 1 x toilet)
|Doona and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Car parking by site/unit|
|Gas and electricity included|
|Wifi at the unit/site|
|Shower room with WC|
|Dining table and chairs|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (GBP), extras not included) (Euro (EUR), extras not included) (Australian Dollar ($), extras not included) (US Dollar (USD), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CAD), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZD), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (BRL), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CNY), extras not included)
There is nothing not to like here and I would …
Looking for a getaway from hustle and bustle this is perfect.
Thank you Helen and Mark for a most wonderful stay! …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
- Coach stations
— 35.6 kilometres
35.6 kilometres Bus Station — 37.3 kilometres
37.3 kilometres High Green — 39.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Frosterley Rail Station
— 15.2 kilometres
15.2 kilometres Stanhope Rail Station — 15.8 kilometres
15.8 kilometres Wolsingham Rail Station — 18.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Pooley Bridge Ullswater Ferry Landing
— 48.0 kilometres
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 43.5 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Kirkcarrion (pine trees surrounded by a stone wall): 10 minutes’ walk
- Grassholme Observatory (nights under the stars): five minutes’ drive
- Low Force Waterfall: 10 minutes
- Bowlees Visitor Centre (information about local activities): 10 minutes
- High Force Waterfall: 15 minutes
- Moor House - Upper Teesdale National Nature Reserve (Widdybank Fell nature trails): 15 minutes
- Goldsborough Carr (climbing): 20 minutes
- Cow Green Reservoir (two-mile reservoir with moorland walk): 25 minutes
- Cauldron Snout (waterfall): 25 minutes
- Raby Castle Park and Gardens: 25 minutes
- Durham: 55 minutes.
- High Force Waterfall (8.0 kilometres)
- Barnard Castle (12.0 kilometres)
- The Bowes Museum (13.2 kilometres)
- Acorn Bank Garden and Watermill (33.5 kilometres)
- Moulton Hall (35.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Highside Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Highside Farm will debit the balance from your card 8 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 8 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: GBP100.00 ($175.80) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Highside Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Highside Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Highside Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Kirkcarrion (pine trees surrounded by a stone wall): 10 minutes’ walk - Grassholme Observatory (nights under the stars): five minutes’ drive - Low Force Waterfall: 10 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Highside Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Highside Farm? From $198.76 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability