Win The Art of Camping!
Bookworms are in for a treat this week on Pitchup.com. Not only have we published our bookworm's trail of Britain as a sequel to our popular camping in literature blog, but we've also teamed up with Penguin to give away 10 copies of Matthew De Abaitua's new book, The Art of Camping.
You only need submit a review of a campsite or holiday park for a chance of winning. To add a review, search for the page for the holiday park or campsite you stayed at, and click the green 'Add a review' button. Our users love pictures - so please add your photos using the upload tool in the review pages.
About The Art of Camping
A witty and philosophical blend of 'how to', history and personal anecdotes - a must for every camper.
"This is a lovely book, genre-busting as all good books must be these days. If you don’t wander over boundaries then you’re not doing it right (unless you’re camping, obviously, and then it’s important to stick to your allotted space – there’s nothing creepier than someone pitching too close, and doubtless the camp captain will be round to tell you off about it sharpish). So it’s part cultural history, part memoir and part guide.” - The Guardian
Could there be another way of life? Can I survive with less stuff? Should I run for the hills?
These are all good questions that people have asked before, throughout history, and which have inspired people to set up camp. But now camping is part of the drive for self-sufficiency, a reaction against mass tourism, a chance to connect with the land, to experience a community, to leave no trace...
From packing to pitching, with hikes into the deep history of the subject and encounters with the great campers and camping movements of the past, this is the only book you'll need to pack when you next head off to sleep under the stars.
* Please read this information carefully:
- This free prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 16 or over. You do not need to buy anything to enter.
- All reviews must be submitted between 9th August and 24th August 2011 to be valid entries in the draw.
- Submission of a campsite review to Pitchup.com will gain automatic entry into the prize draw. There are no restrictions on the number of entries.
- Third-party registrations will not be accepted.
- The draw will be made on 25th August 2011.
- There are 10 prizes of The Art of Camping books.
- The winner will be drawn independently and at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by email within 72 hours of the actual draw date.
- No alternative prize is available and the prize is not transferable.
- For winner's details please send an email to email@example.com within 28 days of the draw date.
- By entering the free prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in promotional material.
- This competition is promoted by Pitchup.com Ltd, trading as Pitchup.com. Company details.