This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- A 3,000-acre game park with a lake in Zimbabwe's Midlands
- See the wildlife on driving, walking and horseback safaris in the park
- Lake fishing and boat hire, swimming pool and pre-booked meals
Tired of the alarm clock? Wake up to the roar of lions instead with stay at Antelope Park. Obviously, given the name, this 3,000 acre game park in Zimbabwe’s Midlands region is home to antelopes as well, along with zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, kudus, impalas, elephants…
Despite the wild surrounds, it’s a shady oasis of a spot to stop in, green and tree-lined, with a swimming pool for refreshing dips and a lake for boating and fishing in.
You can hire boats on site and buy day permits for lake fishing and if you’re fortunate (or skilled) enough to land a bass, bream or catfish you can grill it up for an outdoor feast at your own braai area for dining under the stars or in the shade of a thatched lapa shelter.
If you need more supplies for your DIY dining experiences, there are supermarkets 20 minutes’ drive away in Gweru; those wanting a break from catering can order meals on site or try out the various eateries in town.
And don’t worry about looking too wild for polite society after a day in the bush: the separate male and female washrooms are bright and clean with toilets, sinks and hot showers.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Horse riding nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Occupying an area of African wilderness roughly the size of the UK's Scilly Isles, Antelope Park is a destination more than a place to stay: arrange numerous encounters with the park’s non-human residents, in the company of expert guides.
If you’ve never sat in a saddle before, fear not: there are horseback safari rides for all ages and abilities available too, going cross country to see giraffes and antelopes.
Prefer to do things on foot? Book a walk with the elephants: the park's resident herd was rescued from almost certain death during a drought in the 1990s and its members now spend their days peacefully grazing. If the elephants have worn you out, sit back and be driven, in a mule cart or by more modern means, to visit the lions feeding or settling down at sunset.
It’s an hour and 45 minutes’ drive to Bulawayo, a pleasant city of tree-lined boulevards and colonial buildings, worth visiting for its railway museum and museum of natural history; from there, the ancient ruins of Khami and the prehistoric rock art of Matobo National Park are under an hour’s journey out of the city.
If you’re heading onwards, Victoria Falls are six and a half hours away by car, or you can take the sleeper train for an unforgettably vintage ride.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Antelope Park cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Antelope Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Antelope Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Antelope Park? Occupying an area of African wilderness roughly the size of the UK's Scilly Isles, Antelope Park is a destination more than a place to stay: arrange numerous encounters with the park’s non-human … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Antelope Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime