This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly family-run park three miles from the shores of Canyon Lake
- Surrounded by vineyards and close to river tubing and canoeing
- Two well-stocked fishing ponds plus 20-acre hiking wilderness
There’s tons to do in the wild both on and off base here: around the park is a 20-acre hiking wilderness to tramp around plus two fishing ponds, as well as an events programme for social guests; you’re also in easy proximity to lots of water-based pursuits like tubing, rafting and kayaking on the Guadalupe river, as well as boating and scuba diving on Canyon Lake a few miles away.
Set into a canyon, aptly named Canyon Cove is a peaceful place to pitch up at, rising from a lush live oak grotto and continuing up the hill to some cracking views. If you’re into peace and quiet and natural surrounds, you’ll be pleased as punch with a stay here, as there’s nothing to distract you from your beaut wooded environs save a stream that stretches the length of the park and two well-stocked fishing ponds, both of which are open for fishing and the whizzing of remote-controlled boats. To add to the friendly family vibe, super accommodating and social owners Dave and Deb host monthly meet and eats as well as seasonal gatherings, plus worship services for religious guests.
Dave and Deb are on hand throughout your stay should you require tourism tips for the locale; upon arrival, new guests are helpfully escorted to their accommodation kitted comfily out with cosy beds and plush bedding and linens, a bathroom and a roomy decked terrace.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Get your intrepid self off tubing or kayaking along the Guadalupe river, or explore the lakebed with a scuba diving excursion. If you’d rather take it down a notch though, there are several gentler options for outdoorsy stuff to do, like renting a boat to float around the lake or dallying over the dam at sunset.
If you’ve got a car, get on the beaut shaded road and that runs alongside the river, embark on a wobbly wine tour of Canyon Lake’s local vineyards, or head to the spectacular limestone chambers of Natural Bridge Caverns and the nearby 400-acre Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch.
Those travelling with tiddlies are guaranteed a screamingly fun time splashing around tubing rivers, uphill water coasters, surfing rides and wave pools at the famed Schliterbahn waterpark; if you’re planning on making a day of it, be sure to pack your picnic hamper to scoff in the park’s shaded picnic areas.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Canyon Cove have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Canyon Cove dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Canyon Cove? Get your intrepid self off tubing or kayaking along the Guadalupe river, or explore the lakebed with a scuba diving excursion. If you’d rather take it down a notch though, there are … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Canyon Cove?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.