This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Remote site set in a quiet woodland area among the hills of the Veluwe
- Burgers Zoo, museum and walks along the Rhine river within easy reach
- Bike hire nearby for pedal tours of the neighbouring Veluwe forest
Ah, the sound of (almost) silence. The absence of a pool and organised entertainment and activities at Camping Aan Veluwe makes for a supremely peaceful and pleasant family stay, say previous chuffed guests, and its lush locale among the wooded hills of the Veluwe, right alongside forest and heathland, means that it’s a splendid departure point for highly scenic hikes and bike rides too.
The lights and city sights of Amsterdam are an hour’s drive away, and much closer to home you're within strolling or pedalling distance of the lively little village of Oosterbeek, where there's the Airborne Museum and tourist information office. The banks of the Rhine river are an easy half an hour’s amble from base, or you can bring a bike for pedal tours of the locale: there’s lots of it, all highly lovely.
For fodder and other supplies, a supermarket, boutique shops, cafés and restaurants are around the village and a little further afield around Arnhem city centre, and for fun family days out Burgers Zoo is a short drive away on its outskirts; elsewhere, the fantasy-themed rides and attractions are an hour’s drive away at Efteling theme park.
Several playgrounds lie around the site’s lush grounds for tiddlers to get outdoorsy at, as well as a boules pitch and a ping pong table for quiet family games.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
A lovely clean peaceful site with friendly helpful staff
Excellent. We loved it.
Lovely site with a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere - we'll stay again!
Everything especially having our own little building containing shower toilet …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Set snugly between the Rhine Valley and the Veluwe forest, this site is a fine spot from which to set off on cycle tours of the locale. If instead you’d prefer some capital city-based sightseeing, Amsterdam is just over an hour’s drive away, for another rather fab Van Gogh Museum filled with his famed works, as well as for floaty canal boat trips and café terrace sits.
Rather stay local? You can easily reach the banks of the Rhine river for spectacular strolls to Oosterbeek, De Westerbouwing and the riverside medieval Doorwerth Castle, which lies right on the banks of the river near Arnhem city.
If you’re travelling with tiddlers, they’ll surely appreciate a trip to nearby Burgers Zoo, to see one of the world’s biggest aquarium-based living coral reef, as well as elephants, meerkats, penguins and many more cute furry creatures.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Aan Veluwe have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Aan Veluwe dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Aan Veluwe? Set snugly between the Rhine Valley and the Veluwe forest, this site is a fine spot from which to set off on cycle tours of the locale. If instead you’d prefer some … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Aan Veluwe?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.