This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lakeside location 10 minutes' drive from Futuroscope
- Swimming pool and many outdoor activities available on site
- Within a 300-hectare natural park
This French site might make you 'we are sailing'. And so will you be sailing with a stay here, as well as canoeing, fishing or simply just paddling among the watery surrounds…
As you may have guessed, Camping du Lac de Saint-Cyr is in a lakeside location with outdoor activities and watersports galore: the site is within a 300-hectare natural park where you can tackle golf, hiking, tennis and horse riding as well as the sailing, canoeing and fishing – and if you're not feeling sporty, you could just bask on the beach under the warm sun: c'est bliss...
This is a peaceful park, in a quiet part of the scenic Vienne, but only a 10-minute drive from the Futuroscope theme park and 20 minutes from the Vienne capital of Poitiers.
Wifi is available throughout the site – just the ticket for informing the kids of every historical fact you can find out about the area, but of course – and there's also a pool, a play area, a TV room and a pétanque court. The food shop sells plenty of essentials as well as local specialties.
Camping du Lac de Saint-Cyr also has a launderette and toilet blocks with free hot showers.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Very clean with spacious pitches right by the lake
Site, reception staff, facilities
Great facilities, friendly staff, close to water lots of beautiful …
Great location by the lake and not far from the …
Well organised when you arrive.
The on-site restaurant was exceptional value and delicious food. The …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Fully serviced pitches
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Tech types will already have sussed out this is the area of Parc du Futuroscope, the famed French theme park delving into the techniques of audio-visual, multimedia and cinematography in over 20 attractions including 3D and 4D cinemas.
If you have the kids all fired up about the local history and heritage (hmmm), take them along to fab and ancient Poitiers, the Vienne's capital and filled with Romanesque and religious architecture, and to the 11th-century Abbey Church of Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe with its many ancient murals.
If they say non to that, get along to the famed primate park of the Vallée des Singes or the Planète des Crocodiles, two popular family picks in the region, or to Les Géants du Ciel in the medieval town of Chauvigny, where the old old art of falconry is performed.
Food and drink is also – of course – much famed in the area: top picks of local produce include tourteau fromagé, Macarons de Montmorillon, bûche du Poitou and Haut-Poitou wines.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping du Lac de Saint-Cyr have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping du Lac de Saint-Cyr dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping du Lac de Saint-Cyr? Tech types will already have sussed out this is the area of Parc du Futuroscope, the famed French theme park delving into the techniques of audio-visual, multimedia and cinematography in over 20 … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping du Lac de Saint-Cyr?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.