This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly site half an hour's drive from Calais in Tournehem-sur-la-Hem
- Two kilometres from walks and bike rides in the Tournehem forest
- Bar-restaurant on site, with entertainment in high season
Being just half an hour’s drive from Calais, ferry-bound folks may well look upon Camping Bal as something of a handy stopover spot. You’d be welcome to pitch up here for just a night, of course, but if you’re not in a rush to hit the road there’s much to be said for dawdling around in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais for a lengthier stay.
Days around here might involve trotting through the Tournehem forest, paddling canoes along the Audomarois Marais waterways, learning about wartime history at La Coupole, or heading back to the coast for beach days around Cap Blanc Nez.
When not gadding about nearby attractions, there are games of tennis, pétanque and table tennis to play on site, and other activities such as paintballing to join in with. Live music, bingo and dancing keep things lively on high-season evenings, and there’s a friendly restaurant that serves up plates of traditional grub every night (except low-season Sundays).
Self-catering sorts can amble into the village of Tournehem-sur-la-Hem in around 10 minutes or so for supplies from the supermarket, bakery and top-notch local farmers’ market.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Nice quiet site, friendly staff. This site is better suited …
Great little site close to Calais. It is possible to …
Ideal location for a stop over either going or coming …
Clean, functional and polite staff.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Large (51-200 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Fill your lungs with fresh air by taking a bike ride on the cycle path that passes just by the site, or head to the Tournehem forest, a couple of kilometres away, to stretch your legs on a woodland walk. There’s well over 150 kilometres of navigable waterway in the Audomarois Marais wetlands, 20 minutes drive away – hire canoes to paddle or take it easy on a scenic boat ride.
For a spot of history and culture, take the 20-minute drive to Saint-Omer to visit the cathedral, Hotel Sandelin Museum and the ruins of Saint-Bertin Abbey. The gorgeous public gardens are worth a wander too, and it’s highly recommended to venture slightly out of town to La Coupole, a military museum with a huge underground complex to explore and a 3D planetarium.
A little south of Saint-Omer and around half an hour’s drive from Camping Bal is Dennlys Parc, an amusement park with plenty of rides that are especially popular with pre-teens.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Bal have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Bal dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Bal? Fill your lungs with fresh air by taking a bike ride on the cycle path that passes just by the site, or head to the Tournehem forest, a couple of kilometres away, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Bal?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: Anytime
Guests may arrive from noon but can only check-in from 4pm.Read more