This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the Audomarois marshes two minutes' walk from a nature reserve
- Many outdoor activities available nearby
- Only 30 minutes from sandy beaches
To the French marshes! And nature reserve, and sandy beaches, and Lille, Arras and Paris… you'll likely think that the location of Le Clairmarais in the Pas-de-Calais is truly topping.
Let us share how… the campsite is in the Audomarois marshes, a grand big biosphere reserve of over 22,300 hectares, and a two-minute walk from the beaut Romelaëre Nature Reserve, home to all sorts of critters including a colony of great cormorants. Golden beaches are within half an hour's drive, the site is in excellent setting for outdoor activities like canoeing, cycling, mountain biking or hiking in the forest a couple of minutes' stroll away, and cities like Saint-Omer, Bergues, Lille, Arras and Paris are all accessible.
Back at base, Le Clairmarais is a family friendly campsite, with comfy and modern facilities including shower and toilet blocks and a launderette. Kids have a play area to get busy at, while adults can roll up for a game of pétanque; you might not be staggered to hear that this marshy location has fishing on site too.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
There may be a witch at the Romelaëre Nature Reserve a two-minute walk from Le Clairmarais. Bring your binoculars (and your camera), for as well as spectacular landscapes and over 200 species of birds and plants, you may also spy a peek of the witch of the water Marie Grouette…
Also – and somewhat less spookily – a couple of minutes' walk away are the hikes and mountain bike rides of the forest of Clairmarais: look out for birds of prey and grey herons here above the trees and around the water.
The handsome village of Saint-Omer is also on many a tourist agenda in the area, for its gothic Cathedral of Notre Dame and paintings by Rubens, its local history and art at the Museum of the Hotel Sandelin, and the seventeenth century Flemish-style palaces of the village centre.
The café-, shop- and restaurant-lined old streets of Bergues are also nearby, along with the town's famed bell tower used in the film Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis.
Prefer just to bask under the French sun on a white sandy beach? Calais is half an hour away, Dunkirk, Bray-Dunes and Boulogne sur Mer within 45 minutes, and Berck and Le Touquet within an hour.
Le Clairmarais is also an hour from Lille and Arras, and two and a half hours from Paris.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Le Clairmarais have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Le Clairmarais dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Le Clairmarais? There may be a witch at the Romelaëre Nature Reserve a two-minute walk from Le Clairmarais. Bring your binoculars (and your camera), for as well as spectacular landscapes and over 200 species … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Le Clairmarais?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.