This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On a peaceful island in the Dordogne river by Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne
- Half an hour's drive from Gouffre de Padirac; 50 mins from Rocamadour
- Outdoor pool with waterslide on site; canoe trips in town
If you’re planning a break in the Dordogne valley, it really doesn’t come much more Dordogne than staying on an island in the middle of the mighty river itself. And that’s exactly the fab setup at Village Vacances La Riviera Limousine, a tree-filled Limousin site flanked by water on every side.
If that sounds like a pretty peaceful place to hang out, you’d be quite right... But if it sounds like somewhere far out in the middle of nowhere, you’d not win any points on that front, as the site is only a few minutes’ stroll over the bridge to get to the little town of Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne (for bakery breakfasts, canoe outings and post-paddle restaurant meals) or five minutes’ drive to Altillac (to hit the supermarket for supplies of eats and drinks to consume on your private terrace).
Being by the river is likely to inspire fresh-air activities including fishing, hikes and waterside bike rides; the site’s also well placed for outings to several châteaux, the Gouffre de Padirac and local villages including clifftop Rocamadour.
The setting may also inspire a fair amount of lazing about, at least for some guests. If certain (smaller?) members of your party aren’t so set on staring at scenery, keep them amused with games of basketball, badminton, pétanque and table tennis, a bit of playground time or seeing how many times they can whoosh down the waterslide into the heated outdoor pool. And if that’s not enough, the kids’ club can take them off your hands for a bit during the summer months.
Open from 02/04/2022 to 04/11/2022
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Outdoor pool nearby
Start with a bimble over the bridge to Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne – the pretty medieval town’s 12th-century church is a bit of a stunner, and you can board barge trips or hire canoes to roam along the river, or head out on a five-kilometre circular hiking trail to admire it from afar.
About five kilometres along the river (or a 10-minute drive if that’s beyond paddling range) is 15th-century Château d’Estresse; it’s worth then carrying on as far as Château Castelnau-Bretenoux (20 minutes’ drive/a lot of canoeing) to peruse the somewhat eclectic mix of art and furnishings collected by previous owner and opera singer Jean Moulierat.
Heading away from the river, get set to sink a hundred metres below the surface of the earth at the Gouffre de Padirac (half an hour), a huge cave system to explore by foot and on boat trips. If you like your caves to be adorned with a bit of art, have a crack at rock painting at Archéosite de Fieux (half an hour), an interactive museum that’s also got fire making, flint knapping and spear throwing to try your hand at.
- Does La Riviera Limousine have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is La Riviera Limousine dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near La Riviera Limousine? Start with a bimble over the bridge to Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne – the pretty medieval town’s 12th-century church is a bit of a stunner, and you can board barge trips or hire canoes to … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of La Riviera Limousine?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.