This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Eco-friendly site in a Tamarugo forest
- Five minutes from the town of La Tirana
- Cooking area, campfire area and 24/7 hot running water
El Huarango is an eco-friendly site in a Tamarugo forest, well placed for local attractions and for visiting the Atacama Desert, one of the driest in the world. It's five minutes from the town of La Tirana.
Facilities include a communal room, a campfire area, a cooking area and washing-up sinks. There are separate bathrooms for men and women, and 24/7 running hot water.
El Huarango also has picnic benches, grills and outdoor seating. As an eco-friendly site, it uses solar energy and recycling.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Jumbo tent pitches
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
There are many attractions near the site including:
- The town of La Tirana, five minutes from the site
- Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, 20 minutes away
- Village of Pica, 20 minutes
- Geoglyph motifs, 30 minutes
- Atacama Giant, 40 minutes
- Iquique, an hour away
- The salt flat of the Salar de Huasco, 90 minutes
Other tourist attractions worth a visit include:
- Salar de Llamara
- The geoglyphs of Tamentica and the town of Huatacondo
- Enquelga, Isluga and Bofedal de Aravilla, highland areas known for their llamas, alpacas, flamingos, birds, foxes and more
- Pisagua, a small town with sea lions, penguins and dolphins
- Does El Huarango have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is El Huarango dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near El Huarango? There are many attractions near the site including: - The town of La Tirana, five minutes from the site - Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, 20 … Read more
When can I check in and check out of El Huarango?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.