This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Action-packed family site on the edge of Houthalen-Helchteren
- Close to nature reserves; 45-minute drive to Bobbejaanland theme park
- Indoor waterpark and play area, lake beach and lots of activities
Get set for some very excitable kids… there are so many nipper-pleasing antics to be had within Vakantiepark Hengelhoef that they may be all of a dither knowing where to start.
And with good reason, for the list of options stretching out before their little eyes includes beach volleyball, tennis courts, an excellent indoor play area and several open-air playgrounds, one of which is in a prime position right next to the big sandy beach area that opens out onto a lake for freshwater paddles and splashes. If you’re here in the summer hols there’s also a bunch of extra activities laid on for kids and teens.
Even with all that to pick from it’s likely the first port of call will be the splendid subtropical waterpark, where many an hour can be spent zooming about between the wave pool, the lazy river, the giant waterslides and the bubble jets. Grownup guests are likely to approve of such a choice too, as the complex also has hot tubs and a Turkish bath, and a terrace area to chill out on.
Breaks for eats and drinks will be needed every so often, of course, and those are taken care of at the site’s restaurant, bar and snack bar, with cool treats also available at the ice cream parlour.
Or perhaps you might even head out? After all, this Limburg location is just on the edge of Houthalen-Helchteren, with shops, restaurants and bus stops within a few minutes’ walk and the town centre a 25-minute bike ride away. And there’s plenty more to explore beyond that, with walks and bike rides among forest, heathland and dunes, and outings to Bobbejaanland theme park 45 minutes away by car…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great play facilities and activities for kids!
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Zeer rustig ! Wij hadden gevraagd voor een andere staanplaats …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Keep the kids buzzing throughout their whole break with outings to a couple of the local family-friendly attractions: playtime continues whatever the weather at Plopsa Indoor Hasselt (20 minutes’ drive), and there are rides and rollercoasters galore at perennially popular Bobbejaanland theme park (45 minutes).
If it’s time to get them to do something just a tad more educational, take them off to the Bokrijk Open-Air Museum (15 minutes), a living museum where they can experience life in various different historic periods, wander or bike through nature areas and scamper about at the playground.
Ready for more fresh air? Pedal over to nature reserves Tenhaagdoornheide (10 minutes’ bike ride) and De Teut (25 minutes), or play a round at the golf course five minutes’ drive away. Or perhaps it’s time to relax with a beer… in which case maybe try a trip to Ter Dolen Castle Brewery (15 minutes’ drive).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Vakantiepark Hengelhoef have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Vakantiepark Hengelhoef dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Vakantiepark Hengelhoef? Keep the kids buzzing throughout their whole break with outings to a couple of the local family-friendly attractions: playtime continues whatever the weather at Plopsa Indoor Hasselt (20 minutes’ drive), and there … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vakantiepark Hengelhoef?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.