This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly campground in Armidale
- Easy access to nature attractions like the Wollomombi Falls
- Pool, tennis, jumping pillow and undercover barbecue area
A peaceful and pet-friendly park in a scenic setting and near activities to suit all sorts is what's offered up at Armidale Tourist Park in New South Wales, in the outdoor activity land of Armidale.
Nature, forest, gorges, vineyards, mountain biking, canyoning and Australia's second biggest waterfall are are close to this quiet place, set away from traffic a couple of kilometres from Armidale city and a short drive from three spectacular national parks. For organised events, Armidale Racecourse and Armidale Showground are just down the road.
Armidale is set over 14 acres of handsomely landscaped grounds (have a look at the pics), with ponds, gardens and loads of green quiet spaces. A solar-heated pool, a huge jumping pillow, tennis courts, table tennis and air hockey, a playground, a fitness centre and a games room are among its options for all ages as a family-friendly site.
Barbecues are allowed here, in a big and immaculately-kept undercover barbecue area: time to have another look at those site pics…
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
After days hiking, mountain biking and canyoning in these smashing New South Wales surroundings, venture further into the countryside to see its waterfalls. A short drive from the park is the Waterfall Way, home to Australia's second tallest waterfall in the Wollomombi Falls, plunging into the Wollomombi river where it meets the Chandler (the Chandler Falls is just across from here).
The falls are in the Oxley Wild Rivers National Park, along with New England and Cunnewarra one of the three national parks within easy driving distance of Armidale and all good spots for hiking, birdwatching, nature spotting and fishing. Several more waterfalls and cascades are in Oxley Wild Rivers as well as the Wollomombi, including the Tia Falls, Dangars Falls and Apsley Falls.
Closer to home, Armidale city has a good range of restaurants, galleries and museums as well as a popular April festival and the New England Wool Expo in May. The New England Regional Art Museum, the Aboriginal Cultural Centre, the Armidale Railway Museum and the University of New England's historic Booloominbah Homestead are all worth a look too.
Another top option is following an Armidale boozy trail, with a tour around some of the region's top wineries, distilleries and breweries.
- Does Armidale Tourist Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Armidale Tourist Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Armidale Tourist Park? After days hiking, mountain biking and canyoning in these smashing New South Wales surroundings, venture further into the countryside to see its waterfalls. A short drive from the park is the Waterfall … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Armidale Tourist Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.