This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- 16 kilometres from San Salvador de Jujuy
- Rural location with beautiful views
- Fly fishing, hiking and more
Turismo Rural Barro Blanco is a campsite located 16 kilometres from San Salvador de Jujuy, the capital city of Jujuy province. The province is home to the Quebrada de Humahuaca, a colourful, cardon cactus-lined canyon, now in the UNESCO world heritage list. Jujuy has the added bonus of a strong indigenous culture with popular and regular pagan rituals.
The site is surrounded by mountains and a short drive away from Río Grande, a popular river for fly fishing seatrout. It has communal barbecues so that you can prepare your own 'asado' with superb Argentinian steaks, ribs or chorizo. You can enjoy your food in the picnic area or in the communal room where breakfast is served in the morning (a small charge applies).
There are many hiking and cycling trails nearby.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Explore the provincial capital San Salvador de Jujuy with its Casa del Gobierno, the main cathedral, the Archeology Museum and an immense selection of restaurants and wineries.
For a bit of adrenaline, try white water rafting in the Devil's Throat, or for a hike in the Waira caves. There is also horse riding, hiking and cycling.
You can also visit Tilcara, Purmamarca, Maimará and Humahuaca, which are some of the most popular destinations in the region.
Don't miss the Quebrada de Humahuaca, a spectacular multicoloured canyon, now listed UNESCO world heritage site. The Cerro de Claros (1704m) and Cerro Chuquina (1987m) loom just to the southeast and southwest, and the city is wedged between two rivers, the Río Grande and Río Chico or Xibi Xibi, both bone dry for most of the year. The Río Grande is popular with fly fishing.
- Does Turismo Rural Barro Blanco have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Turismo Rural Barro Blanco dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Turismo Rural Barro Blanco? Explore the provincial capital San Salvador de Jujuy with its Casa del Gobierno, the main cathedral, the Archeology Museum and an immense selection of restaurants and wineries. For a bit of adrenaline, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Turismo Rural Barro Blanco?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.