Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Traditional shepherd's hut in a private garden with stunning views
- In the Black Mountains, a 10-minute drive from Abergavenny
- Self-catering kitchenette, woodburner, firepit and heated shower hut
A warm ‘croeso’ – that’s welcome in Welsh, for those who don’t know the local lingo – is guaranteed at Caban Bryn Arw, a shepherd’s hut set in a private garden in south Wales’ gorgeous Black Mountains on the eastern edges of the Brecon Beacons National Park.
As the owners of this traditionally designed space (newly renovated in 2020) quite rightly explain, the views over the countryside are to die for. The lush landscape sets the scene for a peaceful break not far from the Monmouthshire town of Abergavenny (10 minutes’ drive).
A secluded space with a spring water supply and a separate heated ‘ty bach’ – a washroom and toilet with a proper loo and hot water shower – the hut also comes with oak decking, so feet won’t get muddy, and has a woodburning stove, an outdoor seating area with solar lighting, a barbecue and a firepit. There’s secure off-road parking for your car.
Forget driving to start off with and make the most of the walks and cycle rides in the stunning local area (bikes are for rent on base). Wander up to the peak of the National Trust’s Sugarloaf and Usk Valley right from the hut before bounding around other bits of the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons. There are masses of footpaths, loads of wild swimming spots in the River Usk, and plenty of chances to go mountain biking and pony trekking.
If making a fire, the fuel, logs and coal have to be purchased on site.
Bookings must not consist of more than 1 different households.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
Group bookings of 4 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 2.0m width x 1.5m length (6.6ft width x 4.9ft length) Calculated area: 3.0m² (32.3ft²)
|Max. persons||2 x
2.0m width x 1.5m length
(6.6ft width x 4.9ft length)
Calculated area: 3.0m² (32.3ft²)
|Year of manufacture||2017|
(1 x double bed)
Bathroom (1 x shower, 1 x toilet)
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Car parking by pitch/unit|
|Gas and electricity included|
|Kitchen corner or kitchenette|
|Shower room with WC|
|Dining table and chairs|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
The log burner was so nice to have in the …
From the manager...
Hi both - it was great to have you here and congratulations on your marriage - glad you enjoyed the stay and come again any time!
Cheers George and Carol
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Telephone Exchange — 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Bus Station — 8.4 miles
- Train stations
Abergavenny Rail Station
— 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Ebbw Vale Town Rail Station — 10.2 miles
10.2 miles Ebbw Vale Parkway Rail Station — 11.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Newport (S Wales) Ferry Terminal
— 21.7 miles
21.7 miles Lydney Harbour — 25.0 miles
25.0 miles Sharpness Old Docks — 25.5 miles
Cardiff International Airport
— 35.7 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Pony trekking: ask on site
- Abergavenny (historic town): 10 minutes
- Crickhowell (pretty town close to a bluebell wood): 20 minutes
- Ysgyryd Fawr mountain: 20 minutes
- Monmouth (town and gateway to the Wye Valley): 35 minutes
- Llangorse Lake: 35 minutes
- Hay-on-Wye (town famed for its book shops and literary festival): 50 minutes.
- Pen y Fan (highest peak in the Brecon Beacons National Park): an hour.
- Blaenavon Ironworks (7.4 miles)
- Blaenavon World Heritage Centre & Tourist Information Centre (7.6 miles)
- Big Pit: National Coal Museum (8.0 miles)
- Skenfrith Castle (9.9 miles)
- The Kymin (15.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3:30 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Caban Bryn Arw cancellation policy
No refunds within 5 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Caban Bryn Arw will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Caban Bryn Arw have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Caban Bryn Arw dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Caban Bryn Arw? Local attractions and activities include: - Pony trekking: ask on site - Abergavenny (historic town): 10 minutes - Crickhowell (pretty town close to a bluebell wood): 20 minutes - Ysgyryd Fawr mountain: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Caban Bryn Arw?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Caban Bryn Arw? From £78 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability