This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Few sites can match the unique location of Cardiff Caravan and Camping Park situated in around 300 acres of beautiful parkland in the heart of Cardiff city centre. It makes the perfect base from which to enjoy the many attractions and events in and around the city.
Despite its central location, there's a truly rural feel to the site, making it easy to forget that the city centre is just a short walk away and the waterfront attractions of Cardiff Bay are within easy reach by road or water bus.
To ensure you enjoy your stay a number of facilities are available on site:
• 43 individual grasscrete pitches, each with its own water supply and 16 amp electric hook up points.
• Room for 20 caravans on soft standing areas
• 40 non-electric pitches
• Room for tents on soft standing areas
• Two service blocks with power showers and toilets, one of which has specialist family facilities for the disabled and panic alarm linked to duty warden
• Laundry facilities and dishwashing areas
• Family room available (operated by Pedal Power) from 9.30am to 4.00pm seven days a week offering light refreshments
• Cycle hire is available from Pedal Power within the site
• 24 hour CCTV monitoring
• Shops in close vicinity and bars and restaurants in the surrounding area
• City centre is only 0.6miles away
Monday - Thursday 09:00 - 17:00
Friday 09:00 - 20:00
Saturday - Sunday 09:00 - 17:00
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
- Coach stations
Cardiff: Cathays Park Coach Stop — 0.7 miles
0.7 miles Cardiff: Cardiff Castle Coach Stop — 0.9 miles
0.9 miles Cardiff Bus Station — 1.1 miles
- Train stations
Cathays Rail Station — 0.8 miles
0.8 miles Ninian Park Rail Station — 0.9 miles
0.9 miles Cardiff Central Rail Station — 1.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Cardiff Castle Waterbus Stop — 0.7 miles
0.7 miles Taffs Mead Waterbus Stop — 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Clarence Embankment Waterbus Stop — 2.0 miles
Cardiff International Airport — 8.8 miles
8.8 miles Bristol International Airport — 22.2 miles
• Exit Junction 32 M4 and follow A470 City Centre
• When you start to see the castle emerging on your right move into the right hand lane
• When you drive over the bridge (River Taff) turn right at the first set of lights onto Cathedral Road
• At the next set of lights turn right (Sophia Close)
• Turn left at roundabout and drive straight on past the cricket ground and the Caravan Park is on your left
• For Satellite Navigation, please use: Glamorgan Cricket Ground post code - CF11 9XR.
There’s no end of great attractions and activities on the doorstep including Bute Park, Cardiff Castle, the Millennium Stadium, National Museum Wales, Cardiff International White Water, the Doctor Who Experience and one of the UK's top shopping centres, with plenty more to discover within an hour’s drive.
- Cardiff Castle (0.9 miles)
- National Museum Cardiff (0.9 miles)
- Millennium Stadium (0.9 miles)
- Clevedon Court (16.1 miles)
- Tyntesfield (20.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.