This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the grounds of a food pub 15 minutes' walk from the beach
- Surfing, golf and horse riding within a few minutes' drive
- Barbecues allowed: organic farm shop within 5 mins' drive
Fancy a pint? Want to walk for less than a minute to get your mitts on it? You’re in luck at the Three Golden Cups, a spacious family-friendly site handily located in the grounds of a friendly pub. Extra holiday points apply here for the fact that it’s only a 15-minute walk from the sandy beach of Dunraven Bay, with sea views from various corners of the site...
Pitch up in the grass field here (there’s plenty of space so you can afford to spread out) and you’ll be steps away from the cosy bar and the beer garden; settle in for a little longer to work your way through the full menu of snacks and meals, with everything freshly prepared by the in-house chefs.
When even that’s too far to haul yourself to acquire a drink, a mobile bar's been set up in the field to provide an even more convenient source of refreshment to weary travellers. If you’re just in need of a cooling drink, you can avail yourself of one of the drinking water taps around the field.
A quick amble across the field brings you to the toilet block, which has separate male and female shower facilities and a washing-up area. There’s no wifi at the site itself but you can login at the pub when you call in for your dins and drinks.
If you’d prefer to turn your hand to cooking your own dinner you’re most welcome to light up a barbie on your pitch. The nearest supermarkets are 15 minutes’ drive away in Bridgend, but there’s a farm shop just a few minutes up the road where you can pick up local organic meats to chuck on the grill.
Open from 04/07/2020 to 31/10/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent location for the beautiful southerndown beach.
From the manager...
Thank you for your comments.
Excellent site with clean facilities. Lovely staff and great views.
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Public transport nearby
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 pitches)
- Coach stations
Bridgend Sarn Coach Stop
— 5.7 miles
5.7 miles Cardiff International Airport: Bus Stop — 12.2 miles
12.2 miles Port Talbot Bus Station — 12.5 miles
- Train stations
Bridgend Rail Station
— 4.1 miles
4.1 miles Wildmill Rail Station — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Sarn Rail Station — 6.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Barry Waterfront Ferry Terminal
— 14.9 miles
14.9 miles Minehead Harbour — 17.5 miles
17.5 miles Swansea Queens Dock Ferry Terminal — 17.6 miles
Cardiff International Airport
— 12.3 miles
12.3 miles Swansea Airport — 22.4 miles
Most guests’ first port of call from here is the beach at Dunraven Bay, a 15-minute walk away. If you’d like to learn the ropes for getting out on the water, sign up for a surfing lesson at Southerndown Surf School, next to the beach.
Prefer to to horse riding in the surf? Bring that to life with a seaside trek from the riding centre in Ogmore-by-Sea, five minutes’ drive away. Meanwhile, golfers can wield a club on the limestone heath course at Southerndown Golf Club, 10 minutes away, and walkers can hit the trails of the 870-mile Wales Coast Path.
The nearest castle is Ogmore, 10 minutes away, a Norman stone castle dating back to 1100AD. A little further away (20 minutes from the site) is Coity Castle, a fab place for kids to charge around and enact knights’ battles.
- St Fagans: National History Museum (14.6 miles)
- Castell Coch (16.5 miles)
- Aberdulais Falls (17.3 miles)
- Holnicote Estate (17.2 miles)
- Aberdulais Falls (17.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Three Golden Cups have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Three Golden Cups dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Three Golden Cups? Most guests’ first port of call from here is the beach at Dunraven Bay, a 15-minute walk away. If you’d like to learn the ropes for getting out on the water, sign … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Three Golden Cups?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 1:30 p.m.
Please call into the pub to register before you pitch up.Read more