Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful, simple site on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park
- A 10-minute drive from Hay-on-Wye; canoe hire five minute away
- Dog-friendly site within walking distance of two local pubs
Pentwyn Dingle Rural Campsite is a peaceful Powys site on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park and at the foot of the Black Mountains. There’s a properly rural feel on site, with trees all around and a brook running through it, but it’s also in a handy spot a mere 10 minutes’ drive from Hay-on-Wye.
As you may guess, this is a fab location for folk looking to get out into the stunning scenery all around: there are plenty of walking and bike routes to follow locally, and the owners also recommend days of canoeing on the River Wye and horse riding in the Black Mountains. Fancy mixing that up with a bit of town time? Brecon, Crickhowell and Talgarth are all nearby, and of course there’s some excellent pottering to be done in the bookshops of Hay-on-Wye.
Back at base, facilities have been kept very minimal – just a drinking water tap and chemical waste disposal point (you’ll need to bring toilet facilities with you, and you’re kindly asked to take all rubbish away with you).
Keeping things simple means more space to focus on the fresh air and enjoy a bit of birdsong. Being a laidback kind of place, dogs are welcome to join you – they’ll quite possibly enjoy a paddle in the brook, as indeed you might at the end of a long walk. Campfires and barbecues are permitted if you’d like an alfresco meal, or you can stroll over to one of two local pubs within a mile of the site.
This site has no on-site toilet and shower facilities.
Your dog must be tattooed or microchipped.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
The shower facilities are closed. Guests will need to use their own facilities.
The toilet facilities are closed. Guests will need to use their own facilities.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent, trailer tent or campervan pitch
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Rural site, quiet location, very picturesque! Very friendly owner!
The cold water stream running next to us, and the …
Lovely site in fabulous surroundings. A true hidden gem!
Will defiantly come again. The kids loved the stream.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Hay on Wye: Castle Bus Stop
— 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Brecon Interchange — 10.7 miles
10.7 miles Pontrilas: Telephone Exchange Coach Stop — 14.3 miles
- Train stations
Builth Road Rail Station
— 14.1 miles
14.1 miles Cilmeri Rail Station — 14.3 miles
14.3 miles Garth (Powys) Rail Station — 16.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Newport (S Wales) Ferry Terminal
— 33.5 miles
Cardiff International Airport
— 44.3 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Canoe hire centre: five minutes’ drive
- Activity centre (for caving, rafting, paddleboarding and more): five minutes
- Hay-on-Wye (castle, bookshops and riverside walks): 10 minutes
- Talgarth (small town with working mill): 10 minutes
- Llangorse Lake (watersports centre): 20 minutes
- Brecon (regimental museum and cathedral): 20 minutes
- Crickhowell: 25 minutes
- Brobury House Gardens: 25 minutes
- Pen y Fan: 40 minutes.
- Brecon Mountain Railway (18.0 miles)
- Blaenavon Ironworks (18.1 miles)
- Big Pit: National Coal Museum (18.3 miles)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (9.7 miles)
- The Weir (15.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Pentwyn Dingle Rural Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Pentwyn Dingle Rural Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Pentwyn Dingle Rural Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Pentwyn Dingle Rural Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Canoe hire centre: five minutes’ drive - Activity centre (for caving, rafting, paddleboarding and more): five minutes - Hay-on-Wye (castle, bookshops and riverside walks): 10 minutes … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Pentwyn Dingle Rural Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Pentwyn Dingle Rural Campsite? From £15 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability