This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spectacular scenery site in the Berwyn mountain foothills
- Private access to a bluebell and badger wood
- Peaceful setting on the Welsh border, eight miles from Oswestry
Obviously it can't be absolutely guaranteed. But the best night's sleep you've had in yonks should be a definite possibility among the serene silence of Wales's Wyldwood Retreat on the Welsh border...
This peaceful place is set in an exceedingly silent part of land among the foothills of the Berwyn mountain range and looking down onto a scenic secluded valley with views of Gyrn Moelfre. It's highly popular with those who like to tire themselves out walking, biking or shopping among its surrounds, and is right on the Welsh border eight miles from Oswestry and 25 from both Shrewsbury and Chester.
There's a three and a half-acre organic garden to wander on site – very peaceful – leading onto a privately accessed Woodland Trust forest brimming with badgers and bluebells.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Bus Stop No 1 — 8.4 miles
8.4 miles Bus Stop No 3 — 8.4 miles
- Train stations
Gobowen Rail Station
— 8.4 miles
8.4 miles Chirk Rail Station — 8.8 miles
8.8 miles Ruabon Rail Station — 12.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 35.8 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 37.1 miles
On the B4580 head out to Llansilin and then continue to Moelfre. When you approach the lake take the road to your left, follow this right around the back of the lake and past it. We are then the first property on the left.
Wyldwood Retreat is in a premier location for hill walking, gentle ambling, cycling, bird and badger watching, or delving into the many historic local sites. If you fancy horse riding, one- and two-hour hacks are available at the nearby equestrian centre.
Prefer some history? The site is 10 minutes' drive from Sycharth, the home of Owain Glyndŵr (the last native Welshman to hold the title Prince of Wales). Chirk and Powys castles with their gardens are within easy reach.
A 45-minute drive via spectacular scenery takes you to Lake Vrynwy, with its pumphouse, sculpture trail, dam and museum. Walk or take a narrow boat trip over the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, the longest and highest aqueduct in Britain and a World Heritage Site.
The sandy beaches, clean seas and mountain views of the north Wales coast are within a 90-minute drive: the Wyldwood Retreat team particularly recommends Harlech and Barmouth for golden sands and more Welsh heritage.
Closer to home, the village of Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant is five miles away and has food shops, a post office, a traditional butcher's, a restaurant, a fish and chip gaff and some friendly pubs. And a waterfall: Llanrhaeadr (Tan-y-Pistyll) Waterfall at 240 feet high is the highest in Wales and what the town is mainly famed for.
Also have a hike around ye olde market town of Oswestry, for its hill fort, many markets, Park Hall Farm and around 30 pubs, and around Shrewsbury and Chester, both 25 miles away from your sleepy base.
- Powis Castle & Garden (13.9 miles)
- Chester Castle (27.1 miles)
- Cheshire Military Museum (27.1 miles)
- Chirk Castle (8.2 miles)
- Attingham Park Estate: Cronkhill (25.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Wyldwoods Eco Retreat have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wyldwoods Eco Retreat dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Wyldwoods Eco Retreat? Wyldwood Retreat is in a premier location for hill walking, gentle ambling, cycling, bird and badger watching, or delving into the many historic local sites. If you fancy horse riding, one- and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wyldwoods Eco Retreat?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.
Reception is unmanned after 7pm. Please call the site/park using the contact details provided in the booking confirmation email if you are arriving after this time. The team will then provide you with the relevant information about your unit/pitch.Read more