This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back to basics site in an area famed for dolphin spotting
- Within walking distance of spectacular Mwnt beach
- Near the wildlife centre at Cilgerran and the scenic falls at Cenarth
Cracking countryside views, an idyllic setting and maybe even a chance to spot dolphins... sounds like something out of a film, right? But that's life at Ty Mawr Tents and Tourers. Opting for a stay at the small, family-run site means being located in the north of Ceredigion, close to Cardigan Bay where dolphins can often be seen swimming, playing and feeding.
Gorgeous Mwnt beach is a stroll away but if you’re in the mindset of 'different day, different beach' then the likes of Poppit Sands, Tresaith and Aberporth are all within reach as well, so you can get your fill of sand and sea. Activities including boating, fishing, walking and birdwatching should keep you busy between beach hopping.
After exploring the local beaches, head into Cardigan to refuel – a good collection of pubs, restaurants, cafés and supermarkets in town ensure you won’t go hungry or thirsty. There’s more to see here too, including Cardigan Castle, which overlooks the River Teifi, and Cardigan’s Guildhall Market, home to 50 shops with some lovely locally-made bits.
Ty Mawr has an insulated and unisex facility centre including two toilets, two showers and a washing-up area. Guests are welcome to use a handy freezer for ice packs too. The site also has an enclosed field for off-lead dog walks, so your mutt has a chance to roam free slightly away from the pitching field.
✓ Simplified Chinese
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Spacious pitches ,very clean toilets and shower block.
Peaceful pleasant stay
Excellent site, clean facilities.
4night stay. Site was spacious, facilities were excellent.
The facilities were extremely clean and well maintained, a remote …
basic and clean
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Dedicated toilet per pitch
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Staggered showering times
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 21.7 miles
21.7 miles Chemist — 21.7 miles
21.7 miles Bus Station — 23.3 miles
- Train stations
Fishguard Harbour Rail Station
— 16.1 miles
16.1 miles Fishguard & Goodwick Rail Station — 16.7 miles
16.7 miles Clunderwen Rail Station — 19.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Fishguard Ferry Terminal
— 16.6 miles
— 43.5 miles
Being so close to the Ceredigion Coastal Path makes it a cinch to sort activities such as fishing, boating, walking, cycling, birdwatching, dolphin spotting (rumour has it a visitor swam with six dolphins in Aberporth one summer) or relaxing on one of the many stunning local stunning beaches – Poppit Sands, Mwnt and Aberporth are all within a 20-minute drive.
Cardigan's historic town centre is well worth a visit, with a mix of shops, pubs and restaurants plus a theatre, cinema, swimming pool and galleries. You can also discover the medieval origins of the region, admire the Georgian architecture and learn about the origins of the Eisteddfod – all in stunning surroundings at Cardigan Castle.
Inland, nature lovers will want to wander around the Welsh Wildlife Centre at Cilgerran (about 20 minutes by car) and the scenic falls at Cenarth (around 25 minutes). For the green-fingered, the National Botanic Garden of Wales, with inspiring themed gardens, a bird of prey centre and butterfly house, can be reached in about an hour by car.
- National Wool Museum (12.5 miles)
- Llanerchaeron - National Trust (19.2 miles)
- National Botanic Garden of Wales (28.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Ty Mawr Tents and Tourers have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Ty Mawr Tents and Tourers dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ty Mawr Tents and Tourers? Being so close to the Ceredigion Coastal Path makes it a cinch to sort activities such as fishing, boating, walking, cycling, birdwatching, dolphin spotting (rumour has it a visitor swam with six … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Ty Mawr Tents and Tourers?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.