Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Glamping in five acres of woods just outside Ardfern village
- A 40-minute drive to Oban for ferries to the islands
- Pub, café, shop and wildlife boat trips within walking distance
Stay at Go Native Ardfern and you’ll get to settle down in a spacious and pretty yurt surrounded by five acres of wild woodland on the Argyll coast, about 25 minutes’ drive from Lochgilphead.
The views all around are of countryside and the coast of Loch Craignish, but the site isn’t entirely cut off from amenities: a walk of about 10 minutes will get you down to the local village, Ardfern, for a café, pub, village shop and sailing centre. Walks, watersports, horse riding, fishing and cycling are all popular activities in the local area, and there’s also plenty of wildlife to spot either on land or out at sea on boat trips from the village.
The colourful Mongolian yurt here is quite something: it was handcrafted in Ulan Bator and has gorgeous hand-painted features. It’s got a small kitchenette (with utensils and crockery), proper beds (a double and two singles) and a seating area around a central stove to keep things warm. Toilets and a shower are a short stroll away.
Out on the deck is a bench and barbecue, with views down to the village and the loch. A starter pack of firewood and kindling is provided, and there’s a box full of games to help you while away the evenings.
Open from 01/05/2021 to 30/09/2021
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Max. persons: 4 x
Dimensions: 6.0m width x 6.0m length (19.7ft width x 19.7ft length) Calculated area: 36.0m² (387.5ft²)
|Max. persons||4 x
6.0m width x 6.0m length
(19.7ft width x 19.7ft length)
Calculated area: 36.0m² (387.5ft²)
(1 x double bed, 2 x single bed)
Saturday 1 May 2021 > Thursday 30 September 2021
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated shower per pitch
Dedicated toilet per pitch
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Lochgilphead: Lochnell Street Coach Stop
— 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Lochgair (Argyll & Bute): Hotel Coach Stop — 11.6 miles
11.6 miles Ardrishaig: Chalmers Street Coach Stop — 12.2 miles
- Train stations
Oban Rail Station
— 16.1 miles
16.1 miles Connel Ferry Rail Station — 19.7 miles
19.7 miles Taynuilt Rail Station — 20.8 miles
- Ferry ports
South Cuan Luing Ferry Terminal
— 6.7 miles
6.7 miles North Cuan Seil Ferry Terminal — 6.7 miles
6.7 miles Easdale Seil Ferry Landing — 8.7 miles
Oban (North Connel) Airport
— 20.4 miles
20.4 miles Colonsay Airport — 28.1 miles
Activities and attractions nearby include:
- Wildlife-spotting boat trips: 15 minutes’ walk
- Arduaine Gardens: 10 minutes’ drive
- Lunga Riding Stables: 15 minutes
- Craobh Haven watersports: 15 minutes
- Carnasserie Castle: 15 minutes
- Kilmartin Museum (prehistoric displays): 15 minutes
- Barrandaimh: Argyll Beaver & Wildlife Visitor Centre: 25 minutes
- Lochgilphead Golf Course: half an hour
- Oban (distillery, dive centre, ferries to the islands): 40 minutes
- Auchindrain Township (living history museum): 50 minutes.
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Go Native Ardfern cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Go Native Ardfern will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Go Native Ardfern have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Go Native Ardfern dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Go Native Ardfern? Activities and attractions nearby include: - Wildlife-spotting boat trips: 15 minutes’ walk - Arduaine Gardens: 10 minutes’ drive - Lunga Riding Stables: 15 minutes - Craobh Haven watersports: 15 minutes - Carnasserie … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Go Native Ardfern?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Go Native Ardfern? From £150 (for 2 nights, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability