This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
East Balthangie is ideally situated for exploring Banff and Buchan. The site is located 600 feet above sea level, on a very gentle slope/flat area, facing south east, so has the sun for most of the day. The site is bordered by trees on the northern side, giving shelter from the occasional breeze.
The area dedicated to caravans and tents totals approximately five acres, with picnic tables, electric hook up & water points, plus all the usual facilities expected at a traditional, but good site. The site tries to reinvent the 1950s feel, with no long lists of rules, regulations or annoying charges for 'extras'. We cater for visitors who want a quite peaceful site. Pets are very welcome, children under strict control :).
- BBQs allowed (permission must be sought first, before siting any naked flames - please use a stove 'stein' to prevent grass damage)
- Farm walks - subject to crops growth.
- Chemical disposal (no extra charge!)
- Dogs allowed (really good secure dog exercise area available, with 5' fencing and approximately 2 acre area.)
- Electric hookups & water hookups
- Campers' kitchen with sink, hot and cold water, electric kettle, microwave, kitchen table and chairs, outside primus stove point
- TV is in the kitchen
- Large groups OK (Must be booked in first!)
- Laundry facilities (Charges £2.00 a wash and £1.50 to tumble dry a wash load)
- Showers (power showers at no extra charge, with no water limit, but don't use all the hot water!)
- Toilet block (2 gents, 2 ladies, no specific disabled set up, we do have disabled guests who find current set up ok)
- Wi-Fi effective up to 100 yards from reception
Because we are on the North Sea cycle route, we are ideally placed for a stop over when cycling in the area.