This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
East Balthangie is ideally situated for exploring Banff and Buchan. The site is located 600 feet above sea level, on a very gentle slope/flat area, facing south east, so has the sun for most of the day. The site is bordered by trees on the northern side, giving shelter from the occasional breeze.
The area dedicated to caravans and tents totals approximately five acres, with picnic tables, electric hook up & water points, plus all the usual facilities expected at a traditional, but good site. The site tries to reinvent the 1950s feel, with no long lists of rules, regulations or annoying charges for 'extras'. We cater for visitors who want a quite peaceful site. Pets are very welcome, children under strict control :).
- BBQs allowed (permission must be sought first, before siting any naked flames - please use a stove 'stein' to prevent grass damage)
- Farm walks - subject to crops growth.
- Chemical disposal (no extra charge!)
- Dogs allowed (really good secure dog exercise area available, with 5' fencing and approximately 2 acre area.)
- Electric hookups & water hookups
- Campers' kitchen with sink, hot and cold water, electric kettle, microwave, kitchen table and chairs, outside primus stove point
- TV is in the kitchen
- Large groups OK (Must be booked in first!)
- Laundry facilities (Charges £2.00 a wash and £1.50 to tumble dry a wash load)
- Showers (power showers at no extra charge, with no water limit, but don't use all the hot water!)
- Toilet block (2 gents, 2 ladies, no specific disabled set up, we do have disabled guests who find current set up ok)
- Wi-Fi effective up to 100 yards from reception
Because we are on the North Sea cycle route, we are ideally placed for a stop over when cycling in the area.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Horse riding nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
Inverurie: Town Hall Bus Stop — 19.0 miles
19.0 miles Huntly: Square Bus Stop — 20.5 miles
20.5 miles Dyce Airport: Terminal Bus Stop — 24.5 miles
- Train stations
Inverurie Rail Station — 18.8 miles
18.8 miles Insch Rail Station — 19.7 miles
19.7 miles Huntly Rail Station — 20.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Aberdeen Ferry Terminal — 29.0 miles
Aberdeen Airport — 24.5 miles
From Aberdeen follow the A90. At the end of the second stretch of dual carriageway turn left to Ellon. Continue straight on through Ellon on the A948 to New Deer.
At New Deer this road becomes the B9170 to Cuminestown. Continue straight on for approximately two miles, then turn right at the junction signposted New Byth.
East Balthangie Caravan Park is 3½ miles down this road on the left-hand side.
For satnav users, our postcode will bring you to the site and on Tom Tom we are entered as a point of interest.
Max 10 miles radius:
National Lighthouse Museum
Dalgettie Castle and Woods
Aden Country Park and Farm Museum
Thainstone Famous Sunday Market
The Famous Turra Coo
Further away up to 35 miles:
Banff Maritime Centre
Buckie Herring Museum
Aberdeen Beach and Amusement Park
- Carnegie Museum (18.9 miles)
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum (28.8 miles)
- Duthie Park Winter Gardens (29.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.