Woodlands Camping Park8.5
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Woodlands Camping Park provides an excellent base from which to explore the beautiful Dorset countryside and Jurassic Coast, which has recently been granted World Heritage Status.
Enjoy an exclusive camping break just outside the village of Wool in Dorset. Wool has a railway station on the main south-west line through Waterloo, Southampton, Bournemouth and Weymouth. The small village has a post office, chemist, general store, bakers, butchers, Chinese takeaway and several pubs and restaurants.
In April 2014, our camp shop will open selling all sorts of items for your camping holiday from drink, food to barbecues and toothbrushes.
You can take advantage of our free wifi throughout our camping park.
Only a short drive away from the Jurassic Coast with Lulworth Cove. Also you can take in other sites such as Tyneham village, Monkey World and the Tank Museum which are all short drive away.
Water quality at nearby bathing waters
|Durdle Door East
|Durdle Door West
Weymouth And Portland, Dorset
|Thatched 17th-c pub under newish management, civilised log-fire bar, three ales including Palmers and Wells & Youngs, food from lunchtime sandwiches and baguettes up, friendly helpful service, two dining rooms; children and dogs welcome, picnic-sets out in big garden with play area||Weld Arms
|Long neatly kept Badger dining pub divided by doorways and standing timbers, enjoyable home-made food, their ales kept well including a seasonal one, country wines, traditional furnishings, farm tools and stripped masonry on left; background music, no children inside; dogs welcome, wheelchair access, plenty of picnic-sets outside including a covered area, walks nearby||Silent Woman
|Up to four well kept changing ales, Thatcher's farm cider, good choice of enjoyable reasonably priced food in bar and restaurant, live music Sat; children and dogs welcome, disabled access, views over marshes to River Frome from big terrace tables, open all day weekends||Kings Arms
|Comfortable 18th-c inn in great spot by the water, enjoyable food including pubby favourites and cook your own meat on a hot stone, attentive service, well kept Otter, Isle of Purbeck and Ringwood, reasonably priced wine list, flagstones and open fires; children welcome, terrace area and picnic-sets out on quay, boat trips, bedrooms, parking nearby can be difficult, open all day in summer||Quay Inn
|Fine old brick building with riverside terrace, emphasis on food but two small beamed rooms by main door for drinkers, well kept Badger ales, good wines by the glass, neat efficient young staff, airy dining room with leather high-backed chairs and pews around pale wood tables, brick walls and new oak standing timbers, two further rooms with big photographs of the pub, woodburners, nice relaxed atmosphere; quiet background jazz; boats for hire over bridge||Old Granary
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (1.8 miles)
- Lulworth Castle & Park (2.5 miles)
- The Tank Museum (2.5 miles)
- Clouds Hill (3.8 miles)
- Corfe Castle (6.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Whiteway Viewpoint - Flower's Barrow - Worbarrow Beach - Tyneham - Whiteway VP
- GRANGE HEATH (CURRENT BOUNDARY FROM 30/03/2005) (3.5 miles)
- Clouds Hill - Moreton (3.5 miles)
- GRANGE HEATH (CURRENT BOUNDARY FROM 30/03/2005) (3.5 miles)
Show me reviews by:
Overall rating based on 90 reviews
90% would recommend this site to a friend.
84% would stay here again.
|Sorted by stay date (latest first).|
2 day camping trip in order to visit the Bournemouth Airshow 2 Sep 2014
Barty (Family with older children, 1 review) Confirmed
Alas, no reviews for your selected filters. But reviews are brilliant - they help thousands of other people to find the right holiday. Be bold, be the first to review this site. It only takes a minute.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Ordnance Survey maps (GB and Northern Ireland only) are available at lower levels via the drop-down menu.
- Coach stations
Wareham: North Street Coach Stop — 3.9mi
3.9mi Corfe Castle: East Street Coach Stop — 6.7mi
6.7mi Poole: Dolphin Centre Bus Station — 10.0mi
- Train stations
Wool Rail Station — 1.2mi
1.2mi Wareham Rail Station — 3.8mi
3.8mi Moreton (Dorset) Rail Station — 5.4mi
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal — 9.2mi
9.2mi Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 9.6mi
9.6mi Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 10.6mi
Bournemouth International Airport — 17.5mi
Directions from the east
1. Head southwest on M27 - 0.5 mi
2. Continue onto A31 - 11.3 mi
3. Exit onto A338 toward Bournemouth/Verwood/Christchurch/Ashley Heath/Three Legged Cross/Horton - 0.3 mi
4. Slight left to stay on A338 - 6.5 mi
5. Take the A3060 exit - 0.2 mi
6. At Cooper Dean Roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A3060/Castle Ln W Continue to follow A3060 Go through 3 roundabouts - 2.4 mi
7. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto A347/Whitelegg Way - 0.6 mi
8. At Northbourne Roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A341/Wimborne Rd - 1.6 mi
9. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A348/Ringwood Rd heading to Poole/Sandbanks Continue to follow Ringwood Rd Go through 2 roundabouts - 1.5 mi
10. Take the 2nd exit onto A3049/Canford Way heading to Poole/A350/Dorchester/A35/Upton/Hamworthy Continue to follow A3049 Go through 2 roundabouts - 3.3 mi
11. At Holes Bay North Roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A35 heading to Dorchester/Blandford/A350/Upton/Hamworthy/Wareham Go through 1 roundabout - 10.4 mi
12. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit toward Bere Regis/Milborne St Andrew/Bovington Camp/Wool/Weymouth/A353 - 0.1 mi
13. Turn left at Southbrook - 0.2 mi
14. Continue onto Rye Hill - 4.0 mi
15. Continue onto Tout Hill - 0.7 mi
16. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A352 - 0.4 mi
17. Turn left at B3071/Station Rd - 0.2 mi
18. Turn left at Bindon Ln - 1.2 m
19. Slight left to stay on Bindon Ln - 0.3 mi
20. Turn right - 7 ft
Directions From the west
1. Leave the M5 at junction 29 toward Honiton Rd - 0.3 mi
2. Turn left at A30/Honiton Rd Continue to follow A30 - 14.1 mi
3. Slight left to merge onto A35 toward Dorchester/Luppitt/Dunkeswell/Axminster - 0.3 mi
4. Turn right at A35/Monkton Rd (signs for Dorchester/A35/Axminster) - 0.2 mi
5. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A35 heading to Dorchester/Axminster - 0.6 mi
6. Turn left at A35/Axminster Rd Continue to follow A35 Go through 1 roundabout - 19.3 mi
7. Turn left at B3162/West Rd Continue to follow B3162 Go through 1 roundabout - 1.5 mi
8. At E Rd Roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A35/East Rd Continue to follow A35 Go through 2 roundabouts - 15.5 mi
9. Turn right at A352 (signs for W Stafford/Broadmayne/Wareham/A352) - 0.2 mi
10. At Max Gate Roundabout, take the 3rd exit and stay on A352 Go through 3 roundabouts - 10.5 mi
11. Continue onto B3071/Station Rd - 0.2 mi
12. Turn left at Bindon Ln - 1.2 mi
13. Slight left to stay on Bindon Ln - 0.3 mi
14. Turn right - 7 ft
Your search criteria…
It's now possible to make group bookings on Pitchup.com for up to 30 adults and 30 children.
As long as the 'one unit per pitch' rule is not highlighted on the pitch type information (please check this before completing your booking), you will be able to pitch your tents together on one booking.
If you are not satisfied with the results generated, try breaking your booking down for more options. For example, if you're a group of 10, enter five people for your initial search and book two pitches. Use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together when booking multiple pitches or accommodation units: the campsite or park will try to grant your request.
Before booking, please check the listing page for any group restrictions. These normally appear in a section titled 'Please note'. Please also check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit - especially for a large party - is suitable for the space you will be provided with.