This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful meadow site in Northam, with views over the Torridge estuary
- A 20-minute walk from Appledore; 10 minutes' drive from The Big Sheep
- Walk through country park to reach Westward Ho! beach in 20 minutes
Estuary View Meadow is a peaceful Devon site in the little village of Northam, just between Appledore and Westward Ho!
As the name suggests, pitches here are in a slightly sloping agricultural meadow that’s occasionally grazed by sheep but is equally welcoming to human guests. And as the name further suggests, there are some fine views to be had from the pitching field, which looks out over Northam Burrows Country Park to the River Torridge estuary beyond.
Life is pretty simple here, with barbecues and campfires permitted and the only facilities being a mains water supply. There’s plenty within walking distance though: Northam’s shops and chippies are a few minutes’ walk away, and there’s more of that plus pubs and places to eat 20 minutes’ walk away in either Appledore or Westward Ho!
Also within easy walking distance are Westward Ho! beach and plenty of activities including a riding centre, swimming pool, golf course, crazy golf and go-kart circuit. If you fancy venturing further afield, close proximity of the A39 means you can get to fab theme parks like The Big Sheep and The Milky Way Adventure Park within 20 minutes or head to top coastal spots lik Clovelly.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Ideal for simple pure camping experience
Great would highly recommend
Nice quiet area. No issues.
Brilliant can’t wait to visit again
Overall awesome stay would definitely stay again. 4 min drive to beach
Perfect for an overnight stop with a grand view
From the manager...
Thank you for your review . With regard to the tyres these were put under the low spots in the fence to keep lambs in but have since been pulled out by campers to sit on!
Close to beach
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Northam: Square Coach Stop
— 0.5 miles
0.5 miles Westward Ho!: Holiday Centre Coach Stop — 0.6 miles
0.6 miles Westward Ho!: Nelson Rd Coach Stop — 1.3 miles
- Train stations
Barnstaple Rail Station
— 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station — 8.4 miles
8.4 miles Umberleigh Rail Station — 10.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Appledore Ferry Landing
— 1.1 miles
1.1 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Bideford Ferry Landing — 2.0 miles
— 38.9 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Horse riding: five minutes’ walk
- Royal North Devon Golf club: 15 minutes’ walk
- Westward Ho! beach and surf schools: 20 minutes’ walk
- The Big Sheep farm park: 10 minutes
- Bideford (for ferries to Lundy Island): 10 minutes
- The Milky Way Adventure Park: 20 minutes
- North Devon Wake Park: 20 minutes
- Barnstaple (for the Tarka Trail, with bike hire): 20 minutes
- Clovelly (traditional fishing village): 25 minutes
- RHS Rosemoor Garden: 25 minutes.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (7.9 miles)
- Castle Drogo (29.9 miles)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (12.1 miles)
- Heddon Valley (17.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Estuary View Meadow cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 1 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Estuary View Meadow will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Estuary View Meadow have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Estuary View Meadow dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Estuary View Meadow? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Horse riding: five minutes’ walk - Royal North Devon Golf club: 15 minutes’ walk - Westward Ho! beach and surf schools: 20 minutes’ walk - The … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Estuary View Meadow?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.