This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
We've tried to make Aller feel extra cosy, and welcome you to nestle down and make yourselves at home on our Devonshire farm.
Our village is pretty as a picture too - its 17th century pub, the King's Arms, is just a short walk from the tents, though food lovers will want to stray further afield to Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Canteen and Deli in Axminster.
Nature’s riches are also on display right on your doorstep in the rolling Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and the beaches of the Jurassic Coast, a paradise for fossil-hunters, are also only a 20-minute drive.
We provide maps of footpath walks from your tents and are happy to advise on which might be the best routes for you. The Blackdown Hills also hold regular events, from butterfly walks to mushroom foraging, details of which are available on their website. Escot Park has also delighted guests from age one to 61, and Dinosaurland Fossil Museum and The Donkey Sanctuary are both hits too.
Our boys love it when families with younger children stay and play, and will happily show new friends how to get up close to our 150 Friesians at milking time on our farm tour. Those that do will be awarded our special milking certificate. There are also plenty of ducks and free range laying hens, which means fresh eggs for breakfast.
For 2012 we’re introducing den-building kits, which are a perfect way to build yourself a woodland home here at Aller.
Nigel and Emma Parris
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Leave the car at home
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Ilminster: Market Square Coach Stop — 9.4 miles
9.4 miles Seaton (Devon): Sea Front Bus Stop — 9.4 miles
9.4 miles Wellington (Somerset): High Street Coach Stop — 11.7 miles
- Train stations
Axminster Rail Station — 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Honiton Rail Station — 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Feniton Rail Station — 10.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing — 20.3 miles
20.3 miles Topsham Ferry Landing — 20.4 miles
20.4 miles Topsham Lock Ferry Landing — 20.5 miles
Exeter International Airport — 16.8 miles
• Lyme Regis, this little fishing town is a jewel along the coastline it’s got everything, lovely sandy beaches for sandcastles, rock pooling, fossil hunting. 20 minute drive.
• The town mill Bakery, Lyme Regis, one of our guests favourites for lunch, sitting on benches with homemade breads. 20 minute drive.
• Beer, our family favorite, pelle beach, tucked away in its own stunning little cove. The best place for a mackerel fishing trip. 30 minute drive.
• Branscombe , again a picturesque Devon village
• Charmouth, the fossil hunters paradise
• Escot, again another of our family favorites
• Pecorama, with the miniature train ride
• Donkey Sanctury, Sidmouth, free entrance
• Crealy Adventure Park, Exeter
• Axe Valley wildlife Park, Axminster
• Horse riding: Devenish Pitt riding School EX246EG or Sheldon riding Centre EX15 2JF, both 20 minute drive.
• Lots of things to do as well on wet days, details can be given by us on the farm.
• If you enjoy fossils or just love exploring then the Jurassic Coast is the place for you, its
England’s first natural World Heritage Site and packed with history and charm. The
coastline is full of beautiful places from the ever popular Lyme Regis (with some mouth
watering restaurants) to the picturesque fishing village of Beer.
• Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage HQ, Store and Canteen is located in the nearby town of Axminster. They also organize a range of events, such as ‘catch and cook with Hugh’ and various other courses.
- Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (8.6 miles)
- Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site (13.1 miles)
- Mapperton House & Gardens (16.4 miles)
- Loughwood Meeting House (3.7 miles)
- Shute Barton (4.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.