Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Calm site in the grounds of a north Devon outdoor activity centre
- A 15-minute stroll from Appledore; 10 minutes' drive from Westward Ho!
- Estuary views; discounted watersport sessions available for guests
Skern Lodge is a popular outdoor activity centre set on the edge of the quiet coastal village of Appledore. With 22 acres of land to its name and direct access to the tidal waters of the Taw and Torridge estuary, this site is a prime pick for relaxing north Devon hols in a gorgeous natural setting.
The pitches at Skern Lodge are in an open field and have plenty of space between them. Toilets, showers and a washing-up point are available here, but other than that this is a back to basics site free of unnecessary frills. The site is keen to keep its impact on the environment to an absolute minimum – once you've seen these serene surrounds, there's a strong chance you'll be keen to do the same.
Head to reception upon arrival and let them know you're staying at the site if you fancy a discounted activity session – rafting, river kayaking and surfing can all be tried out with full supervision from expert instructors. Appledore village centre is a 15-minute stroll away – head here for a trip to the pub, to sample local grub at an independent deli or simply for a coastal stroll. Bideford (10 minutes' drive) is also close by – make tracks here to catch the ferry out to Lundy Island (crossing time about two hours).
Open from 16/10/2020 to 01/11/2020
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch
Max. persons: 5 x
One Tent or Trailer tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : unlimited
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Great spot, amenities were clean. Nice and quit campsite. Very …
i will come back next year
Great for activities but there are better campsites in the area.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Instow (Devon): The Quay Coach Stop
— 1.0 miles
1.0 miles Northam: Square Coach Stop — 1.0 miles
1.0 miles Westward Ho!: Holiday Centre Coach Stop — 1.2 miles
- Train stations
Barnstaple Rail Station
— 6.3 miles
6.3 miles Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station — 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Umberleigh Rail Station — 10.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Appledore Ferry Landing
— 0.6 miles
0.6 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 1.0 miles
1.0 miles Bideford Ferry Landing — 2.4 miles
— 38.4 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Northam Burrows Country Park: 10 minutes' walk
- North Devon Maritime Museum: 20 minutes walk
- Royal North Devon Golf Club: five minutes' drive
- Follyfoot Equestrian Centre: five minutes
- Bideford (for the Lundy Island ferry): 10 minutes
- The Big Sheep (kids' adventure park): 10 minutes
- Westward Ho!: 10 minutes
- Clovelly: 25 minutes
- Ilfracombe: 40 minutes
- Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway: 50 minutes
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (8.2 miles)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (11.5 miles)
- Heddon Valley (16.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Skern Lodge cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Skern Lodge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Skern Lodge dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Skern Lodge? Local attractions and activities include: - Northam Burrows Country Park: 10 minutes' walk - North Devon Maritime Museum: 20 minutes walk - Royal North Devon Golf Club: five minutes' drive - Follyfoot … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Skern Lodge?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Skern Lodge? From £30 (for 1 night, 5 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability