This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Community-run farm site a mile from St Just
- Help out on the farm, feed the chickens and collect fresh eggs
- Communal firepit; eggs, veg, jam, honey, chutney and more for sale
What smashing ideas for Cornish camping are these. Bosavern Community Farm is owned and run by local folk in and around St Just and operates on a sustainable basis: it very much welcomes guests pitching in with farm life alongside its local and international volunteers, whether you fancy planting, harvesting, weeding or collecting fresh warm eggs and feeding the chickens... (and what a handy opp too to teach the kids that food doesn't grow in the supermarket).
Off site, Bosavern is close to Penzance and among the spectacular beaches, scenic countryside and ancient landscape/attractions for which Cornwall is famed, all in the West Penwith part of the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The farm is a mile from the village of St Just and its small supermarket, post office, library, three pubs, takeaways, cafés and several shops and art galleries. Buses stop outside the farm to take adventurers to Penzance, St Ives and places in between.
The farm facilities include 'tree bogs' (toilets) and a composting system – you'll find nothing is wasted here... There's also a communal firepit to sit around of an evening and you can use the few braziers and off-ground small fire site next to the pitching area if it's safe windwise (do please ask if you're not sure). Wood is a bit scarce in these parts, so the farm owners would appreciate if you could bring your own.
And fably finally, heaps of farm produce is available at the farm shop run by and for the local community, including eggs, veg, honey and herbal preparations, as well as locally made jams, chutneys, raw chocolate products, candles and soaps – you can even buy toasty hand-knitted Cornish socks...
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.6 miles
6.6 miles The Star Inn — 9.2 miles
9.2 miles The Star Inn — 9.2 miles
- Train stations
Penzance Rail Station
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles St Ives (Cornwall) Rail Station — 11.0 miles
11.0 miles St Erth Rail Station — 11.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Penzance Ferry Terminal
— 6.7 miles
6.7 miles Helford Village Ferry Landing — 24.3 miles
24.3 miles Helford Passage Ferry Landing — 24.5 miles
Land's End St Just Airport
— 1.1 miles
1.1 miles Penzance Airport — 7.2 miles
From Penzance on the A3071, turn left before you reach St Just on the B3306, signposted Sennen. As the road goes downhill, the farm is on the left with a black and white sign for Bosavern Community Farm. The turning is the one before the large white bed and breakfast on the left.
There is a footpath from St Just across the fields to the farm. It is best to look at a map or ask someone local to St Just.
The famed surfing beach of Sennen Cove is less than three miles from Bosavern Community Farm and the also famed surfing spot Whitesands Bay is within easy reach. Gwenver beach about a mile from Sennen is more secluded and serene – and is a bit of a suntrap too.
If for some reason you don't fancy getting foamy in the waves, clifftop and moorland strolls and hikes are within easy access of the farm; thoroughly recommended is the wildflower-strewn three mile walk from Sennen Cove to Land's End on the South West Coast Path, looking out for shags, cormorants, fulmars, kittiwakes and guillemots offshore and nesting on the cliffs.
Rocky coves, rockpooling, more wildlife watching and ancient remains of the Bronze Age, Iron Age, and Roman British are all in the Penwith part of the Cornwall AONB too: the tourist information centre and the National Trust Welcome Centre in nearby Penzance should tell you all you need to know.
- Land's End (3.8 miles)
- St Michael's Mount (8.9 miles)
- Tate St Ives (11.1 miles)
- Levant Mine and Beam Engine (2.2 miles)
- Trengwainton Garden (4.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Bosavern Community Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bosavern Community Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Bosavern Community Farm? The famed surfing beach of Sennen Cove is less than three miles from Bosavern Community Farm and the also famed surfing spot Whitesands Bay is within easy reach. Gwenver beach about a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bosavern Community Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.